1 2
Bret
Bret New Reader
7/15/08 8:12 a.m.

Thanks everyone! I am really happy with my new ride.

I'd been looking at them from the moment Ford announced production. But as is always the case whenever something hits the dealer lots the mark-up is ridiculously high. A bare bones Bullitt was going for close to $40K! But recently I was considering getting a one or two year old used Mustang GT – I discovered that the prices had dropped back down to the normal MSRP of just over $30. In fact there was a one on the lot for less than 30 grand!

Mine is modestly equipped but I’ve never been one for Sat-Navigation or big booming sound systems like Fords Shaker 1000. I do like the Blue Tooth however especially with the new “Hands Free” cell phone laws coming on line these days.

But the heart of any Bullitt has nothing to do with the sound systems or available options as it does staying true to the no nonsense almost business like approach to an in your face driving experience – yet bundled in such a way that most can live with on a daily basis.

Oh & I found the August issue. I remember the issue and I found the write-up on the Bullitt. And I have to agree pretty much everything said in the write up. But as you guys pointed out – the Bullitt isn’t all that good on fuel economy however it isn’t any worse than the normal Mustang GT and it is certainly better on fuel than my F-150 Supercrew 4x4 it is to replace for daily duty. So in my book I’ll be actually saving money. ;)

BTW I really like the look & feel of the interior.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
7/16/08 11:29 a.m.

I'm jealous too. I'd love to have a new Bullitt. I bet it sounds awesome. Is the steering wheel really that far away from the seat, or is it just the angle of the picture? It looks like an old Scirocco, where it's practically sitting on your knees.

Ian F
Ian F New Reader
7/16/08 11:39 a.m.

Congrats! I love the Bullit as well. Maybe someday...

Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
7/16/08 12:58 p.m.

We need to put the bullitts up against each other ^_^! I think that'd be pretty cool!

Bret
Bret New Reader
7/19/08 12:18 a.m.

n

Black Stig wrote: We need to put the bullitts up against each other ^_^! I think that'd be pretty cool!

Now I have to say that that would be an interesting match-up I’d like to see.

boofighter
boofighter HalfDork
7/19/08 11:41 a.m.

that is the one mustang that i would buy if i was going to buy a new one. they look so good even when they are sitting on the lot.

Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
7/19/08 7:54 p.m.
Bret wrote: Now I have to say that that would be an interesting match-up I’d like to see.

I'm thinking this will definitely have to happen, a New Edge SN-95 Bullitt vs the S197 Bullitt, there's no way this wouldn't be filled to the brim with awesome!

I can't speak at all for the S197 Bullitt, but I know the SN-95 is a BLAST to drive on the road and on the track and makes the most beautiful noise to ever bellow from a vehicle.

Hope to see you (and her) on the track someday . . . preferably in my rearview mirror, LMAO!

-Stig

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gmW3yyfDe4yCz6c29M6pyK43OVTK8kj2vAKZMKUHzU8dZPFg51gkKldYphH5CK3c