Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
9/23/20 1:12 p.m.

My brother is doing a fair amount of HPDE in his NC miata, and is ready to move to 6 point harnesses. He currently runs a full stock NC with the exception of a hard dog rollbar and square NT01's along with some upgraded sway bars.

Going to say he is 38" waist, 5'9" and around 235lbs with some belly meat. 

Any advice on a comfortable seat for someone not looking to move into racing, just wants to strap in better and add a bit of safety to a stock car. Seat needs to be on the wide side and ability to still drive to/from events is important (so nothing too deep). 

Thanks in advance! 

ebelements
ebelements Reader
9/23/20 1:28 p.m.

About the biggest seat you'll find is the Sparco EVO 3—I've got a set in the vette and they're comfortable.  

I don't think these are the same model I have, but they're close: https://www.definedusa.com/Sparco-Evo-III-Competition-Seat-XLarge-p/008361fnr.htm

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
9/23/20 2:26 p.m.

Thanks! Looks like Evo II US is the largest that will fit in the NC. May need to have him try those but open to any other options for 38" waisted big boyes.

BTD
BTD Reader
9/23/20 5:26 p.m.

If he's open to an aluminum seat, Track Dog Racing has theirs, which was specifically designed to fit into smaller cars (it has less wide shoulder wings): https://trackdogracing.com/TDR-RallySport.aspx

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
9/23/20 6:49 p.m.

Any thoughts on a folding seat that accomodates 6 point harnesses? He would be best off in something low bolstered I have a feeling....

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/24/20 8:43 a.m.

I have a set of Corbeau FX1 fixed seats in the Manic Miata.  The PO definitely had them in an NC before I bought them, and I believe they are the wide width version.

I'm 5'-10" and 265, with broad shoulders.  They fit very comfortably, work with 5-pt / 6-pt harnesses, and are pretty nicely made for the price point.  I recommend them.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
9/24/20 8:48 a.m.

The wide width looks pretty good. Will do some checking and see if he would be up for a fixed back seat. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/24/20 9:25 a.m.

In reply to Olemiss540 :

I can double check that mine are the Wides, but I believe they are.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z5MO24O80oF4emhCXWbIPy3A5HHJx1aN2c7Sc6cTYZ4Zp4cVM0hWExwHpRkMzaYz