1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/15/22 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

I did. It really helps relieve the pain when it starts, but doesn't seem to do much to prevent it. But it is helping. The orthopedic guy is sending me for some more testing he's thinking it's all related to my carpal tunnel and some grinding popping sound in my wrist

Dusterbd13-michael
1/15/22 5:38 p.m.

reseal the trans took forever. Killed momentum. 

Dead 2.0 torn down of reuse parts, 2.4 beginning to be readey to go.

Tired, Dustin just keft as the rain has started. Tine to take a shower. Tomorrow is another day. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/15/22 5:47 p.m.

Glad progress is being made. As always if you need anything ask away. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/15/22 8:21 p.m.

With regard to the timing marks, here's what mine looked like.  The ruler is up against the timing marks on the outside edges of the pulleys, so I could not get it perfect either.  I'd assume yours is right, as long as your crank was in the right position when you took the picture.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/15/22 9:40 p.m.

Thanks y'all. 

Im reasonably sure the cam timing is right. Reasonably. 

We'll see what tomorrow holds, and where i get it to. I REALLY want the engine hanging from the mounts this weekend,  but not sure it will actually happen. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/16/22 3:30 p.m.

today was a lot of fiddly stuff. and, you know sledding in our once every few years snow and helping my wife get the house ready for Mary's 13th birthday party this week. The more important than tye neon stuff. 

Bit. Engine is together and ready to drop off the stand, hook up the trans, and put in. My work tomorrow is closed for mlk, as well as the school. The family agreed to help in the morning get it in the bay. Then, fiddling around until it runs. 

Im not happy with how low and far away from the block the power steering pump sits on this setup, but I know it works. I ised the same parts when i did white trash that brap has and is now selling. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/17/22 1:01 p.m.

on the mounts. 

NOT uneventful. Did not go according to plan. 

Real update later, but all my fingers still work so I'll call it a win.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/17/22 1:29 p.m.

It would appear to be installedish. So that is a win right?

Dusterbd13-michael
1/17/22 1:41 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Yessir!

It fought every step of the way, and yanked/cruched my right arm and hand when it fell off the dolly. But, we finally got it. No way I could have done it without my wife and daughter helping. 

I did forget to flip the trans mount,  so the engine hits the hood right now. But its in. I can start reassembley and sorting. 

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell Reader
1/17/22 5:27 p.m.

You know,Michael, I'm right up the street, have no real life, and time on my hands.  I owe you too, and will use you unmercifully in the next couple of years for my projects.  Just ask!

Dusterbd13-michael
1/17/22 7:04 p.m.

In reply to Stu Lasswell :

Honestly, i hate to ask anyone for help. Always feel like an inconvenience. 

But i need to get better about that. Today being the prime example. 

Thanks stu. I really appreciate it.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/19/22 3:49 p.m.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/22 4:35 p.m.

are we looking at "Hey, the hood's closed!"

or are we looking at "Hey, the hood to fender gap doesn't look quite right!"

Dusterbd13-michael
1/19/22 4:45 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Hey the hood closed! 

Fender gap is to be figured out. I think its hitting the pdc thats laying on the inner fender. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/21/22 6:10 p.m.

Updates:

1. I broke the oil filter adapter mount when i dropped it off the dolly. Leaks like a mofo. Replacement in hand, about to be painted. 

2. The hood clears and closes properly when everything is in its home. This thing is TIGHT underhood. 

3. It ran! 40lbs cold oil pressure on 5w30 despite the leak. And this is from the "lower pressure" port in the head. Which supposedly reads 10-20lbs less than the block port would register.  

It took a few hours of berkeleyery to get it to run. I missed rotating the cam magnet 90 degrees due to the srt4 cams. Once we found that, first revolution of the crank and it hit.

I need to thank Tim Coakley and professor brap for walking me through a ton of trouble shooting  

It should be completely reassembled by monday. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/22 6:18 p.m.

Sweet!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/22 6:22 p.m.

Nice ... so how big will the nitrous shot be?

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/21/22 6:28 p.m.

Winning!!

Dusterbd13-michael
1/21/22 6:43 p.m.
Stampie said:

Nice ... so how big will the nitrous shot be?

75 tops. I want 13s

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
1/21/22 6:49 p.m.

Maybe you've already said this, but why are you running SRT-4 cams? I'm under the impression they're more mild than the N/A cams. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/21/22 6:51 p.m.

In reply to JeremyJ :

Because I traded extra stuff for crower stage 2 cams. Part number came back srt4. but NOT brian crower stage 2....

It seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/22/22 6:34 p.m.

This motherberkeleying car...

Got the oil filter adapter swapped and stripped the drain plug. Got it bandaged back together, completed reassembley of the car. Heat cycle the engine, and note that my previous 40lbs of oil pressure is now 20, and dropping as it warms up. And doesn't respond to rpm. 

We think either the balance shaft oil passage plug is not sealed, or the oring on the pickup tube died. Either way the oan has to come off.

Im done for a while. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/22/22 6:43 p.m.

I hate that feeling.

Side note of when we where texting also check the pickup tube isn't cracked. 

1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e5YN1FID4HTpXHBVcLypzaUoABZXOH0cnEtQwRmXMp1Z1f9LdgXFxyvKtBv4nX9P