1 2
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/5/08 2:00 p.m.

These should be in the store in the near future so keep an eye out.

There were designed by Aidan Hughes, better known as BRUTE. You may recognize his work if you've ever seen a KMFDM CD, or been to the Czech Republic, since he does a lot of work for the government over there. Cool stuff.

jg

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
6/5/08 2:16 p.m.

Are you sure it's not Per?

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/5/08 2:34 p.m.

Buttons on the steering wheel? We can't afford no buttons on the steering wheel! I do like the fact that it's a Mazda product though. Let's just hope that they don't come down on anyone for using the emblem.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/5/08 2:38 p.m.

That's a Mazdaspeed3 steering wheel and dash! I gots to gimme one!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/5/08 2:40 p.m.

Does this mean that the answer isn't always Miata?

JG Pasterjak
6/5/08 2:53 p.m.

There's actually several elements of different cars in the dash. I think when I was having conversations with Hughes, my instructions were along the lines of "I want people on our message board to have long conversations about what kind of car they think it is."

jg

Stuc
Stuc Reader
6/5/08 3:31 p.m.

Samuel L: "Get those MFing buttons!-- off my MFing steering wheel!!!"

It looks good. I see one on myself in the near future.

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty New Reader
6/5/08 3:51 p.m.

XXL? There's been some bias against us larger people in the past...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
6/5/08 4:42 p.m.

I like em, I will be suitably attired soon

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
6/5/08 4:43 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: There's actually several elements of different cars in the dash. I think when I was having conversations with Hughes, my instructions were along the lines of "I want people on our message board to have long conversations about what kind of car they think it is." jg

That is a Miata..............third gen or NC.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsGallery&vehicleCode=MX5

Not working correctly so go to interior views.

jamscal
jamscal HalfDork
6/5/08 5:15 p.m.

The font is hard to read.

Carson
Carson Reader
6/5/08 5:37 p.m.
HeavyDuty wrote: XXL? There's been some bias against us larger people in the past...

Or smalls? There is no love for people that aren't average. I'm not a small person, 6' 140# but the mediums swallow me, smalls are never available when I order or renew a subscription.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
6/5/08 6:44 p.m.

I dont like the big red person on the right-- he takes up a quarter of my screen. Its like, whose shirt is it? the big red guys? or Grassroots Motorsports?

The lines are too close together and the colors are not right. It looks wrong on my screen. It doesn't look like the old shirt does, and boy, that was my favorite. I will hardly ever wear that shirt.

LOL

Seriously though, the steeringwheel is wonky. Everything else looks good though!

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
6/5/08 7:41 p.m.

itntresting art stye BRUTE/KMFDM??

JG Pasterjak
6/5/08 7:55 p.m.
Volksroddin wrote: itntresting art stye BRUTE/KMFDM??

The man himself. There's a link right under the image. I MAY (emphasize "may") have a signed shirt or two to give away at some point in the future. He's a nice guy. Fun to work with and a real pro.

jg

EDIT: Oh, and we should have XXLs available as well. We've been stocking them lately. I can't promise any smalls, but your request has been duly noted and the merch department will have their tree shaken.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/08 7:58 p.m.

I should have waited a little longer to renew my sub. Then again I do have a birthday coming. Time to call the missus.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/5/08 9:28 p.m.
atlantamx3 wrote: I dont like the big red person on the right-- he takes up a quarter of my screen. Its like, whose shirt is it? the big red guys? or Grassroots Motorsports? The lines are too close together and the colors are not right. It looks wrong on my screen. It doesn't look like the old shirt does, and boy, that was my favorite. I will hardly ever wear that shirt. LOL Seriously though, the steeringwheel is wonky. Everything else looks good though!

You bring up some very good points.

Jack
Jack SuperDork
6/6/08 10:04 a.m.

The big question is. . .. . . .

Since some of have 10 year subscriptions and won't be able to resubscribe to get a freebie, what is the cost going to be?

I love my GRM tee shirts.

Jack

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
6/6/08 11:12 a.m.

How about us 10 year subscribers that got nothing? ;)

JG Pasterjak
6/6/08 12:02 p.m.

Well, you are getting the magazine for $1.25 an issue, which actually barely covers the cost (with the impending postage increase you'll actually probably be getting it below cost). But, yeah, you guys probably deserve some consideration. I'll bug the merch gals.

jg

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
6/6/08 5:56 p.m.

yep, I did not notice that. (hehe aaaa...) thank you for pointing that out. I have been a big KMFDM fan for years (sence 1996)

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
6/6/08 6:24 p.m.

This artist.. he comes from that country that drinks more beer than anyone else in the world? That would explain a lot.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
6/6/08 7:06 p.m.

i would want one but it's got a mazda logo on it...fail :)

Redhornet
Redhornet New Reader
6/6/08 7:16 p.m.

the air vents look like they could be from a Mini...

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
6/7/08 12:44 a.m.

I Like it ... What will the price be? When will they be avail?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OIZRzeD704HfwjcXvrBLyiKAYpXAPJO2zEEtssQgL0bZuBNjId9npETp66tUZXmC