1 2
probesport
probesport None
9/14/09 9:26 a.m.

Long time subscriber, first time to the boards (I think, maybe I was on years ago). I just spent some time detailing my car and I figured I would toss up some pics. I just updated my profile with my other rides, but this is the most GRM friendly one.

cwh
cwh Dork
9/14/09 10:05 a.m.

Yup, you'll fit in just fine. Welcome to our funny farm!

bequietanddrive
bequietanddrive New Reader
9/14/09 10:39 a.m.

I like Probes. Welcome

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
9/14/09 10:47 a.m.

Very nice! Do you have a limited slip diff?

Carrera4
Carrera4 Reader
9/14/09 10:57 a.m.

I like them seats, what are they?

DrBoost
DrBoost HalfDork
9/14/09 11:33 a.m.

Sweet dude! Me likes. Post some pics of the T.
Where in metro D are you?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/14/09 11:35 a.m.

The T: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1949/

awebb
awebb New Reader
9/14/09 11:43 a.m.

Not usually a big fan of the MX-6/Probe but that's pretty nice...

Welcome

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/14/09 11:51 a.m.
jstein77 wrote: Very nice! Do you have a limited slip diff?

Nope, I haven't gotten to that just yet but it's on the list :)

DrBoost wrote: Sweet dude! Me likes. Post some pics of the T. Where in metro D are you?

Rochester area - I'll post some T pics too if you guys are interested.

Carrera4 wrote: I like them seats, what are they?

I honestly don't remember, I got them online awhile ago.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
9/14/09 12:35 p.m.

how much boost can that non-intercooled V6 take?

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/14/09 12:42 p.m.

It's intercooled, front mount Spearco. I run conservatively at 9-10psi have had it up to 14. I have a couple buddies that run 14-15 on stock motors.

The Probe motor is an all aluminum split block, forged crank 4 cammer from the factory. You can get close to 400whp on stock block (if your aggressive) and if you want to toss in some rods and pistons around 600.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
9/14/09 12:45 p.m.

that's funny, it looked like the charge pipe was just coming straight off the manifold in that picture.

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/14/09 12:49 p.m.

Oh I can see that now :)

The IC itself is blacked out so you really can't see it.

The turbo is off to the side, the pipe actually crosses over the top of it. The bottom right corner you can see the housings of the turbo. You can see the turbo a bit better in this older pic.

DrBoost
DrBoost HalfDork
9/14/09 2:01 p.m.
probesport wrote: The IC itself is blacked out so you really can't see it.

More go than show? Now THAT is a refreshing thing to see.

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/14/09 2:16 p.m.

The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY!

12" front brakes, 11" rear, 13lb wheels, coilovers and adj struts, custom standalone (Megasquirt), coil pack, built the turbo setup, not a whole lot of bolt on and go here. An older mods list is at http://prdonline.com/probesport however there have been quite a few changes since.

I tried to keep it clean inside to with the gauges looking fairly stock, matching the seats to shift and ebrake boot as well.

It's one of those cars that the more you look, the more you see.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
9/14/09 2:26 p.m.
probesport wrote: The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY!

Not around here, it ain't.. Great car, man. I'll bet anyone who tangles with it gets surprised really quick!

Raze
Raze Reader
9/14/09 2:30 p.m.
probesport wrote: custom standalone (Megasquirt), coil pack, built the turbo setup, not a whole lot of bolt on and go here.

If you're running MS + DIY boost = GRM all day long man

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/14/09 2:40 p.m.

Nice, it looks like I have a new haunt then.

Yep, very early MS. a buddy of mine had to make the coil driver circuit and all, running MSNS extra. Been on there over 5 years now, I haven't touched the squirt in 2 yrs.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/09 2:42 p.m.

Whoa, I wasn't expecting that! Even with the body kit and rims it's a sleeper!

Is that a custom strut bar on the front?

I gotta update my car info now that you can add multiple pics...

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/14/09 2:45 p.m.

Yeah front and rear bars are custom, the only really visible body stuff is the lower lip spoiler, CF hood and the tails.

Rims are 93 RX7 ones that I had powdercoated a metallic bronze. In this light they look really dark tho, in the sun they have a little metallic to them.

I had a bad powdercoating addiction for awhile, almost everything underhood is powdercoated

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/09 11:31 a.m.

Glad to see one of the brighter probetalk bulbs show up over here. Not many 2nd-gen PGTs here that I know of, so here's a gratuitous shot of mine:

welcome aboard, and please feel free to post as much tech info as you want regarding your experience with turbocharging the KL-series engine. My car's got 214k miles on it, and when it hits 250 I'm boosting it!

Jay
Jay Dork
9/16/09 12:54 p.m.
probesport wrote:

Man, black, black, and more black. This is how the cockpit of a sports car is supposed to look. Nice job.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
9/16/09 1:22 p.m.

That's the best looking Probe I have ever seen. You even make that green that Ford was obsessed with in the 90's look good!

knb13
knb13 New Reader
9/16/09 6:18 p.m.

hey it's you again... ha ha

Another fellow Probetalker here as well

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/16/09 8:03 p.m.
probesport wrote: The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY! 12" front brakes, 11" rear, 13lb wheels, coilovers and adj struts, custom standalone (Megasquirt), coil pack, built the turbo setup, not a whole lot of bolt on and go here. An older mods list is at http://prdonline.com/probesport however there have been quite a few changes since. I tried to keep it clean inside to with the gauges looking fairly stock, matching the seats to shift and ebrake boot as well. It's one of those cars that the more you look, the more you see.

good job, nice to see someone being subtle.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
odyvD411Q464wV2tBZhvkk5Z8t3nFBlylwCiy7IJLJ6rL1DF4ct5musyRCPlsAF9