1 2 3
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
3/27/15 11:11 a.m.

I've noticed a lot of new people on our message boards. Thanks, everyone, for joining our community.

Of course, to really be a part of our group, you should read our magazine. Have you seen our most recent issue?

In this issue, we rebuild a wrecked car, drive a turbocharged Rabbit GTI, race our Miata, mold our own bushings, test rally tires, and swap a Miata's engine into an MGB.

Not a subscriber? You can read this issue for free at grassrootsmotorsports.com/try

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/15 11:12 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: In this issue, we rebuild a wrecked car, drive a turbocharged Rabbit GTI, race our Miata, mold our own bushings, test rally tires, and swap a Miata's engine into an MGB.

You guys really should stop with the high-dollar stuff and start doing more "grassroots" articles

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
3/27/15 11:29 a.m.

When should this hit mailboxes? Looks like an awesome issue!

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
3/27/15 11:36 a.m.

I cant wait for this one!

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/27/15 11:40 a.m.

Sweet! Looking forward to this one!

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/27/15 11:40 a.m.

Keith commented and it didn't involve the fact that somewhere out there is a Miata that is now engineless and likely is desperate in of a V8.

And you tested rally tires without me I would've seriously traveled down with a FWD and AWD car to help with the test

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/27/15 11:42 a.m.

Wreck rebuild huh? You know us too well.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
3/27/15 11:49 a.m.

Yeah, sounds like a good issue. Looking forward to it showing up in the mailbox.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
3/27/15 11:49 a.m.

Ooh, timely.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/27/15 11:53 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: In this issue, we rebuild a wrecked car, drive a turbocharged Rabbit GTI, race our Miata, mold our own bushings, test rally tires, and swap a Miata's engine into an MGB.
You guys really should stop with the high-dollar stuff and start doing more "grassroots" articles

Exactly. I mean, who can afford both a Miata and an MGB these days? They'll cost over a hundred bucks each...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/27/15 12:19 p.m.
bgkast wrote: Wreck rebuild huh? You know us too well.

Plus that story is written by Norman Garrett, who knows a few things about Miatas. The piece also chronicles how he has put together three low-buck Miatas.

BeardedJag
BeardedJag Reader
3/27/15 1:39 p.m.

Ooooo, I cant wait to get this one

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/15 1:42 p.m.

At some point in the future, this will be my favorite issue ever.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/15 2:19 p.m.

Waiting for them to show up on the used market, Woody?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/27/15 3:04 p.m.
2002maniac wrote: When should this hit mailboxes? Looks like an awesome issue!

If you're near our printer in Kentucky, you may even see it this weekend. For folks further away, Elvis has left the dressing room, and is en route to the stage as we speak.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
3/27/15 3:10 p.m.

that's must be the only advantage to living in Kentucky...

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
3/27/15 3:11 p.m.

You guys get much better wrecks in Florida than we get up here in Michigan. No fair.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/27/15 3:33 p.m.

I'd like to read this issue, but it's not in my mailbox.

I'd also like to renew my subscription, but your website can't handle a credit card with the expiration date mine has, and i'm not getting a response from the "contact us" link on the subscription page.

What do?

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/27/15 3:37 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I'd like to read this issue, but it's not in my mailbox. I'd also like to renew my subscription, but your website can't handle a credit card with the expiration date mine has, and i'm not getting a response from the "contact us" link on the subscription page. What do?

I too had an error with the website taking my CC back when they were doing the 20 back issues for $20 deal. I called the office and they fixed me up real nice.

Took my info late on a friday afternoon, told me they would figure it out and call me back by monday. About 20 minutes later, they called me to tell me my issue was fixed and my issues were in the mail! Talk about above and beyond.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/15 3:44 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Waiting for them to show up on the used market, Woody?

I heart depreciation, etc...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
3/27/15 4:40 p.m.

Man, I think I am too late in renewing my subscription to get this one! Time to get on it!

Tom Suddard
3/27/15 4:54 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: Man, I think I am too late in renewing my subscription to get this one! Time to get on it!

Actually, you've got until Tuesday. We're still mailing this one for a few more days.

Tom Suddard
3/27/15 4:55 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I'd like to read this issue, but it's not in my mailbox. I'd also like to renew my subscription, but your website can't handle a credit card with the expiration date mine has, and i'm not getting a response from the "contact us" link on the subscription page. What do?

Give us a call, Swank. 877-677-6878

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/27/15 4:57 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote:
Give us a call, Swank. 877-677-6878

I will try, but i kindof work hours that eclipse typical business hours. Unless someone will answer on Saturday?

Tom Suddard
3/27/15 6:19 p.m.

Swank, I can't remember their hours off the top of my head, but our data elves (I think that's the technical term) work a lot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they pick up the phone tomorrow.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JTHy8S9B1PzQIPvkgdnvgE9Pf6qBEecCcisBveww1yRlLe8o6h5Q7aGQHkXpT0m8