1 2 3
Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/27/15 6:19 p.m.

I live in Louisville and still haven't gotten it!

I still think my mail man reads it first, but he has several semi-junk trucks he daily drives and is building a Fox body drag car. Can you ship them in a jacket that gives subscription discounts to mail men? Just do it for the ones going to Louisville and we should both come out ahead

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/15 6:30 p.m.

Interesting but I try not to leave enough to rebuild.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/15 7:43 p.m.

"How to Re-build a Wreck."

2002maniac wrote: When should this hit mailboxes?

These things go together.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
3/27/15 9:42 p.m.

Waiting... Still waiting.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
3/29/15 1:08 p.m.

I got Classic Motorsports on Friday so I can't imagine GRM is far behind. Excited for this issue.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/30/15 8:45 a.m.
ssswitch wrote: I got Classic Motorsports on Friday so I can't imagine GRM is far behind. Excited for this issue.

Yo Dos

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/30/15 9:42 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I'd like to read this issue, but it's not in my mailbox. I'd also like to renew my subscription, but your website can't handle a credit card with the expiration date mine has, and i'm not getting a response from the "contact us" link on the subscription page. What do?
Give us a call, Swank. 877-677-6878
I will try, but i kindof work hours that eclipse typical business hours. Unless someone will answer on Saturday?

Yep, the elves work on Saturday (and Sunday) 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT. During the week, they're there 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.

We got us some busy elves :)

Margie

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/30/15 11:55 a.m.

Still waiting.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
3/30/15 4:30 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: I live in Louisville and still haven't gotten it! I still think my mail man reads it first, but he has several semi-junk trucks he daily drives and is building a Fox body drag car. Can you ship them in a jacket that gives subscription discounts to mail men? Just do it for the ones going to Louisville and we should both come out ahead

You are not alone. I do generally get my copy earlier than just about everyone but still hasn't shown up. I think someone jumped the gun on promoting this issue cough, cough, Tommy...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/15 10:49 p.m.

Very timely. I have stepped in to the world or rebuilding things from the repairable lot at a local pick and pull. They get some high end cars that usually have mechanical issues. I can not wait to see the article. The biggest thing I have learned is keep track of the money and map out a plan with real numbers from on line sources before you purchase your wrecks. When I am done with the rebuild of my latest car I will be updating my build thread with an accounting of time money and an impression of the final product. I can also say that if you do enough of these you are eventually going to run in to a money pit. Just part of the game.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
3/31/15 8:26 a.m.
evildky wrote: I think someone jumped the gun on promoting this issue *cough*, *cough*, Tommy...

Actually, I started a little bit too late–today is the last day to request a free copy. Ask for one tomorrow, and you'll be mailed the next issue.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
4/3/15 8:46 a.m.

So has the latest issue(May??) mailed yet?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/15 8:50 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote:
evildky wrote: I think someone jumped the gun on promoting this issue *cough*, *cough*, Tommy...
Actually, I started a little bit too late–today is the last day to request a free copy. Ask for one tomorrow, and you'll be mailed the next issue.

If I ask for a free copy, can I get the next issue now?

Tom Suddard
4/3/15 9:24 a.m.

If you ask for a free copy right now, you'll be put on the list for the June issue.

Tom Suddard
4/3/15 9:24 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

Yes. You should have it shortly.

mrwillie
mrwillie Dork
4/3/15 9:26 a.m.

For all of us "currently non-subscribers" when should I look for the "Rebuild a wreck" issue in the store?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/3/15 9:50 a.m.

mrwillie----- The official on-sale date is April 7. After that point the magazine will be on news-stands---- as long as someone hasn't grabbed the last issue yet.

Of course....you'll save $$ by subscribing instead of buying at the store--- and with all the money you save, you can buy more groovy stuff for your car!

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
4/3/15 10:13 a.m.

Fixed the cover for you Tommy....

mrwillie
mrwillie Dork
4/3/15 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Yep. I know. I miss getting my "special package" out of the mail box.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
4/3/15 10:37 p.m.

Ok, this is worrying to me. I got the issue today and while reading through it, I was browsing IAAI. I found an E36 325i in Oregon with a salvage "theft" title. I live in NJ and go to college in St. Louis. UH OH.

I am now a registered public bidder on IAAI and I haven't even finished reading the case studies in the article.

Any GRM'ers in Oregon able to look at a car for me? Any GRM'ers able to ship a car for me/store a car for me?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/15 11:41 p.m.

In reply to MINIzguy:

Where in Oregon?

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
4/4/15 1:07 a.m.

It's at the Portland IAAI location. 4415 NE 158th Avenue, Portland, OR 97230-4933.

After thinking about this, it is probably a pipe dream to actually end up with this car. My resources and cash are pretty limited being a college student from the east coast, going to school in the midwest, and wanting a car from the west coast.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/4/15 8:45 a.m.

good issue - i really thought it was a home run. Thank you

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
4/4/15 2:57 p.m.

Really enjoyed this issue

That GTI is awesome

Tom Suddard
4/4/15 5:34 p.m.

Thanks! And yeah, that GTI was a blast. I really, really need one.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fqWF0A7yUChH04nhVna8Pry6x5DmoXURdQzOD1OS67mWd6wFtfMaBBtSuTAwGM3B