1 2 3 4
Mustang50
Mustang50 Reader
1/9/21 11:53 a.m.

Can you please tell me when the latest issue shipped?  I received my last one before Christmas.  The Postal Service is normally bad here in the Cleveland area, but they seem to be going out of their way to be worse.  I received the Jan. 2021 issue of Classic Motorsport about 2 weeks ago.  Good luck and stay safe.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
1/9/21 12:58 p.m.

I received mine 2 days ago.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
1/9/21 1:35 p.m.

Got mine Thursday. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 1:52 p.m.

Fwiw our northeast ohio region is the most backlogged postal region in the country, we just got a box that was sent to us on December 19th, and it took a card i sent 2 weeks to get from valley city to east 110th.  With that said I don't have mine either.  

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
1/9/21 2:59 p.m.
WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/9/21 3:07 p.m.

I stopped ordering from anyone who uses USPS exclusively. I have multiple packages sitting in USPS limbo. Very frustrating. 

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 3:32 p.m.

No sign of the current issue here in the NE end of WV, plus one other magazine that was supposed to arrive this week at the very latest is also AWOL.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/21 4:00 p.m.

Still waiting on a brake line from Michigan to Vermont. Ordered December 15. It's currently in Massachusetts. Ended up bending my own to get the car back on the road.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
1/9/21 4:24 p.m.

Just got my issue today. laugh

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/9/21 4:41 p.m.

In the mailbox today.

pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo Reader
1/9/21 4:47 p.m.

Got a notification about our property taxes yesterday - envelope was postmarked 11/25 angry.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/9/21 4:51 p.m.

USPS has always been pretty good, until recently. Packages had even been arriving earlier than anticipated.

I wrote bills on 12/18 and put in the mail 12/19/20. Three of the six bills sent cleared my bank w/in 3-4 days, pretty typical.

Got an email notice that my CC payment was late, it was already sent and w/o another statement I just wait... and wait. My CC was now frozen. 

CC check finally cleared on 1/5/21 and I got my CC back, but WTF? Local news said USPS was experiencing delays due to the holiday and Covid circumstances. CC processing may have had delays due to holiday hours but c'mon man, why freeze my card? 

I really dunno what's going on w/ USPS lately. No stimuli check and no new GRM issue yet. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 5:26 p.m.

My buddy/real estate agent's full time job is USPS carrier.  He has no idea what's going on.  He said something like "they put stuff in my van, I deliver it.  They don't pay me enough to ask intelligent questions."

He and the other drivers chat about it and wonder what is going on, but he said he hasn't even heard rumors as to why things are so delayed.  My sister heard a rumor that USPS offered 2 weeks extra sick pay for workers who got Covid, the time off expired at the end of the year, and the rumor was that postal workers were utilizing the time because "cough cough, I don't feel well."  My buddy's reaction to that was kind of a shrug which I inferred to mean that it didn't jive with his experience.

I also know he's not the kind of guy who would cover for his employer, either.  If anything he would say "I'm not supposed to talk about it, so I won't."  This is, after all, a man who posted a close-up cryptic picture of his nut sack on his dating profile after his vasectomy hoping women would ask what it is and that his sterility would be a selling point.

Mustang50
Mustang50 Reader
1/9/21 6:49 p.m.

I believe there is additional money for the USPS being held up in congress.    Take advantage of every crisis is the motto of bureaucrats.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/9/21 6:58 p.m.

Got mine Thursday.  I had a package of 501st Legion challenge coins that sat "label created" since Dec 9th until finally Monday.  Then it went from Cleve to Akron to Cincy to Dayton, then back to Cincy because of a wrong zip code, then back to Dayton that I got today with the correct zip code.  Apparently they berkeleyed it up in their system the whole time.

I also got a late Xmas card today.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Mustang50 :

Not a complaint, just an observation, but I just got my January 2021 issue of Classic Motorsports today, two weeks after you. So it's not just Cleveland. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/9/21 11:04 p.m.

I got my GRM yesterday. More accurately, I got TWO copies of it yesterday for some reason........

However, I'm still waiting for a priority mail package that was sent on December 14th and has been at a postal distribution center 20 miles from my house for two weeks now! :/

Meanwhile, I've received 4 other packages via USPS on-time during the past couple weeks. I guess that package from Rochester, NY is just unpopular lol. 

sergio
sergio HalfDork
1/10/21 1:07 a.m.

Got mine on Tuesday 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/10/21 7:03 a.m.

I ordered twice from a motorcycle supplier in the UK.

First package was decent size so they sent it DHL. 4 days from UK to my doorstep.

Second package was small, so they sent through the mail. Took 2 weeks. This was back in October.

My father spent most of his working life with the USPS as a carrier. When he retired 20 years ago he said the place was spiraling downhill then. It used to be a professional operation but has been dumbed-down in a lot of ways, not the least of which is filling affirmative action quotas. Just look at the sloppy dress carriers today get away with compared to the appearance my father was required to maintain.  (sample photo)

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/10/21 7:19 a.m.

The USPS is causing big problems with eBay sellers also. Because of ebay's refund/return policies, sellers are having to give refunds for lost/delayed items that  aren't their fault. 
Like the steering wheel I ordered 12/1, was lost by usps & seller refunded me on 12/30. On 1/5 it showed up.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/21 7:32 a.m.

Mine arrived Thursday. 

vsquaredbyrho
vsquaredbyrho New Reader
1/10/21 8:29 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

Please don't claim affirmative action is a cause of decline in a service, without very strong evidence. Equating clothing appearance with ability is a logical falsehood. The general dress code in all of public society has changed tremendously since the mid-century.

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
1/10/21 8:35 a.m.

USPS has definitely gained some problems lately.  And then add the busiest time of the year for shipping, and some extra shipping load due to COVID for good measure and they've turned into a mess. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/21 10:09 a.m.
vsquaredbyrho said:

In reply to ddavidv :

Please don't claim affirmative action is a cause of decline in a service, without very strong evidence. Equating clothing appearance with ability is a logical falsehood. The general dress code in all of public society has changed tremendously since the mid-century.

Truth.  Mid-century it was just becoming kosher for a man to not wear a suit, tie, and hat in public.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/21 10:14 a.m.
Mustang50 said:

I believe there is additional money for the USPS being held up in congress.    Take advantage of every crisis is the motto of bureaucrats.

Not just money, but a wholesale dismantling of USPS infrastructure started in October on orders of the newly appointed Postmaster General.

Combine that with an unprecedented number of people doing Christmas shopping online this year, and it's a recipe for a E36 M3show.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4Ygs0SHwNKoUQI0LYAyjMWrodNARtaxaygEvxqZpBsK8UJ18Uw5KCUyBStQX0Z0o