David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/4/08 12:26 a.m.

Not sure if this is tied into the decision to shorten the quarter-mile, but it's interesting talk: http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6372&Itemid=6

I didn't realize that nitromethane, just like everything else, comes from China.

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
7/5/08 11:59 a.m.

Interesting.

And I didn't realize nitro was so pricey!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/5/08 12:25 p.m.

Do they regulate that stuff? You know that was what was used in OK City, not "fuel oil" or Diesel, as widely reported in the MSM.

Now we don't even make fuel for drag racing bikes and cars anymore. You know, who's going to be left to buy their crap?

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi New Reader
7/5/08 7:18 p.m.

I was at Englishtown recently and spent some time in the pits with the Castrol team. Apparently nitro costs around $33 a gallon (this was more recent than the article date, which has a lower price) and they use 18 gallons in a 1/4 mile pass. The discussed the OK city bombing, saying that since then there are licensed folks selling it and you need some kind of permit to buy it. Back before the bombing, you could just walk up and buy any amount.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/5/08 8:48 p.m.

Wow, now is not a good time for drag racing...I'm sure the Car Craft board is in an uproar over recent events.

MitchellC
MitchellC New Reader
7/6/08 12:06 a.m.
mikeatrpi wrote: Back before the bombing, you could just walk up and buy any amount.

And thankfully these additional regulations have brought terrorism to a halt ever since.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
7/6/08 4:25 p.m.

Does anything not come from China anymore? Geeeeez.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/6/08 5:42 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: Does anything not come from China anymore? Geeeeez.

The other day, while doing yard work, I felt compelled to see where my rake was made. Believe it or not, USA. Of course, it's about 10 years old.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/7/08 9:50 a.m.

Oddly enough, I think newborns are made in China too.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf New Reader
7/7/08 12:41 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: Oddly enough, I think newborns are made in China too.

sure that why they puke and poop untill you flush the systems......

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EGiuc1gEaMeF81n1A3dQ9RenXq3dxTw02WmHa57Er9C74pDb1eLlL8CuvuBNBAG8