ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat New Reader
7/6/08 2:04 a.m.

Did the northwest region scca novice school #2 today with P71 (in his rx7 though). It was really good. I've done 2 auto-x's with the OR porsche club and i learned a lot, but this school I think really stepped things up for me. The biggest thing for me was learning to be more on the brakes and how to trail break. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can try some of my new techniques with the porsche guys. My best run was a 38.060, about 3 seconds off the 'leaders', but a tenth and a half faster than mike(p71). I got lucky and all my runs were dry, half of mike's runs were wet though. I improved by about a second and a half over my best run before being humbled by the instructor. We will try to get pictures up soon, but it'll be after the pca runs.

Anyway, just wanted to say if anyone gets the chance next year to go to one of these, I highly highly recommend it. 18 runs for 40 bucks, plus all the instruction you can ask for. If I can learn and improve, anyone can.

Posting this a little buzzed, so if anything doesn't make sense, blame Sailor Jerry's.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
7/6/08 12:44 p.m.

Where was the school at? I'm guessing in Oregon somewhere. Autocross here around the Seattle area is getting a little thin with the loss of the Boeing Everett site. It's either Packwood (3+ hrs) or Bremerton (ferry ride + drive) for me now.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat New Reader
7/6/08 4:41 p.m.

We did it at portland raceway. So still 3 hours away from you, but I live in Bellingham, so quit your whining

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N2sF43gWd0Xg5lgCH8HBfrdMlmIMDVqZzV3L6fOJwb3fMWjlKAVgSI7AAXXzhaUv