1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/14 4:35 p.m.

I don't know. I use to hate that version of the monte carlo but over the years it has grown on me. The 00-05 are the ones I liked the 06-07 headlights are just horrible. The key is they are cheap. I have not seen that they have a huge rust problem and it is a cheve meaning parts are dirt cheep. Give it a proper FR drive train and it would make a cool sleeper fun to drive car not the POS it is in the stock FF configuration.

Obviously the older ones are virchally iconic Americana car material but for some reason I have come to like the 6th generation ones as well. Trying to find a 5th generation is tough and if you find one in decent shape it will cost you. They are starting to rise in price.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/14 11:04 p.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

Why am I not surprised you're defending a Monte Carlo.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/6/14 11:23 p.m.

For the longest time I wanted to tube frame and V8 one of these for the street... w/ box flares of course.

Couldn't get that outta my brain either. It's a sickness I tell ya.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/14 11:33 p.m.

In reply to fasted58:

Kind of like this?

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/6/14 11:43 p.m.

More like this...

but that could work

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/7/14 6:31 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

When those first came out and EVERYONE panned the styling, I just never saw what was so atrocious about them.

Heavy, under suspended, crappy interior, wrong wheel drive and underpowered...sure it's all those things but I just never found them to be ugly.

Take that car , put 350 or so HP to the rear wheels, make it weigh under 2800# and I'm all in, all day everyday.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/14 7:44 a.m.

The only thing I didn't like with the Olds' was that the front bumper is too high. Just adding an air dam made it a good looking race car.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/14 8:04 a.m.

I was at a test and tune day and this car was there testing. It was completely AUSOM. The sounds it made and the speeds it had going in to T1 at NHIS was simply fantastic.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EdmebA4qQVS651NGMOv5TmoT0uV81TaMjEky8fBz1mbHvSNy0iO51PlVO8PzHeQ4