Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/18/19 9:32 a.m.

Do you guys have any personal experience with this tire:  Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ A/S

I'd be for my daily driver/gastropod challenge car: Jaguar XJR.    Apparently I need an odd size: 255/40/R18 that seems to come at a premium $$$, so I found a set of these on ebay for $365 (shipped, plus installation)

Will these perform ok, or should I just pony up the extra $$$ to get better tires?

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
6/18/19 10:19 a.m.

I ran the tiger paw on my 280zx when it did daily duty. Pretty decent tire for the money. Not spectacular when it comes to performance but they last for a long time.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/18/19 10:24 a.m.
Fitzauto said:

I ran the tiger paw on my 280zx when it did daily duty. Pretty decent tire for the money. Not spectacular when it comes to performance but they last for a long time.

Thanks.  How was the wet performance?

Did you run them in the snow?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/18/19 10:37 a.m.

What about a 245/45/18? Better selection?

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/18/19 10:41 a.m.

I know the Tiger Paw Touring is the spec tire for King of the Heap because of its mediocrity. Not sure how the GTZ is different.

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
6/18/19 10:43 a.m.

I actually have those on my new daily.... problem is, I can't tell you much about them because 

1: the new daily has 2 pairs of mismatched tires, and 

2: I haven't driven it enough

What I can say, is that it has been in the rain a lot and it never felt unsettled or floaty in the puddles/slick surfaces (I'm in Ohio and we're getting LOTS of rain). Also that thread pattern throws me off every time I see it

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
6/18/19 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Wet performance was fine. Snow I can’t really comment on since I live in Oklahoma and we rarely get a lot of the white stuff.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k7tnPwquL39PhcjKUAmMYp4lkkpf3y9vOVvNwOtI2FLdv2msK16BZ6KDejmnO5qF