stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/20/22 3:28 p.m.

Anyone who's read Hot Rod, Rod and Custom, Street Rodder or Rodder's Journal will be familiar with Pat Ganahl - he was one of the best automotive journalists ever.  Sadly, he died yesterday in an incident with his vintage dragster.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
8/20/22 4:07 p.m.

Bummer.

RIP.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/22 4:09 p.m.

Wow.  I honestly didn't think he was still around.  I have books that he wrote that are almost as old as I am.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/20/22 4:24 p.m.

RIP Too Tall Ganahl

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/20/22 5:04 p.m.

He was my man hero. I long idolized him and I finally met him and spent a good part of a day with him about 20 years ago.  I was not disappointed. They say you should never meet your heroes. That doesn't apply if it's Too Tall !

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
8/20/22 6:44 p.m.

RIP

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/22 6:49 p.m.

sad

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
8/20/22 9:44 p.m.

I saw him at a lot of swap meets and car shows around the SoCal area for years , 

Always a freindly guy....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/22 10:01 p.m.

Man, that guy seemed like he knew everything about hot rods. He taught me so much throughthe printed word.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/20/22 10:38 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Wow.  I honestly didn't think he was still around.  I have books that he wrote that are almost as old as I am.

He was 75 years old but was still very active with hot rods and customs.  He had a semi-regular blog about their history, based on writings and photos from his files; I've been a long time subscriber and it's a must read.  He just sent out a new entry a week ago or so:  https://patganahl.com  His son Bill has followed in his father's footsteps and runs a high end hot rod shop: https://www.southcityrodandcustom.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
it87RfF5Em7Bx4ztBVarSLAQPWfQBI9T1Lnhv14ZoCTBDudtlG0tEc6TqGYJctJm