1 2 3 ... 6
accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
1/11/21 3:13 p.m.

And I don't mean when you're working on it!

I LOVE pictures of cars two wheeling - whatcha got? In both of mine I didn't realize the photographer was there - when you know they're at turn 12 at NCM (Zach!) you hit the jump like you mean it and can feel EVERYTHING go light - so anywho, I just have little baby hops (picture excuses, that's new). 

Photo are from ABI Photography out of NCM!

I only have my exocet with 1 off, and not very far. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/11/21 3:16 p.m.

I don't still own either of these, photos of the latest rally car in the air will have to wait.

accordionfolder
1/11/21 3:17 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

4 off! Badass. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/11/21 3:25 p.m.

Well poo. I had the Datsun on two wheels twice; both times were at autocross, the best I can do for road racing pics is 3 wheels.

accordionfolder
1/11/21 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

I find three wheeling acceptable as well! Let's just call it - I have a wheel (or 2 or 3 or 4) in the air! RWD cars tearing a front wheel off the ground or a VW rabbit lifting a leg are cool in my book too.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 3:29 p.m.

This is four in the air. Would have been nice if this was in the notes...

In-car.

I've got another shot of it with four in the air on a different stage somewhere, I'll have to dig it up.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/11/21 3:31 p.m.

What about motorcycles? What if its at the strip? What if your 200cc scoot is lined up next to a 1,500hp  blown fuel altered? Cause that might have happened.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 3:31 p.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to Tom1200 :

I find three wheeling acceptable as well! Let's just call it - I have a wheel (or 2 or 3 or 4) in the air!

Three consecutive laps! I'm not sure I'm that consistent these days. Gotta give the photographer props for being pretty darn consistent as well.

Front wheels barely in the air at a rallycross about 20 years ago...if my memory serves, there was a sizeable bump, and after a couple cautious runs, I decided to send it. The rear in this photo is hitting the bump stops and about to rebound upward. Sorry I couldn't find the original scan, just this low-res version I uploaded to some website at the time.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 3:47 p.m.

Here's one that I owned, a big group of forum members built, and the guy who bought it from me took skyward. Pretty sure this is 4 wheels off. 

Return to your home little Saab! (I think it may also currently be for sale)

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
1/11/21 3:59 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

Same place (NCM T12), less good photo vantage:

(not me driving but I did drive in that race...wasn't quite brave enough to launch it like that, it was my first race and like second time on track at all)

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/11/21 4:16 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

Tricycle

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/11/21 4:18 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Your helmet cost more than the bike.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 4:24 p.m.

This is my new favorite thread.

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/11/21 4:31 p.m.

It's anarchy!!!  

I am on a course that normally runs stadium off road trucks................this is all one can expect from 18 horsepower.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/11/21 4:33 p.m.

Kindof a bad day.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
1/11/21 4:45 p.m.

Here's the first photo I know of with 2 wheels off the ground.  (1990s)

I have others with three and 4 wheels in the air, but not sure if anyone would want to see them.

preach (fs)
1/11/21 4:46 p.m.

34" Special Service Swampers or are they Qs?

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/11/21 4:59 p.m.

MMMmmmmm Preach wins.

accordionfolder
1/11/21 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I love how fairly un-dramatic the out of car is vs the in car being a full on pucker moment.

In reply to preach (fs) :

Lol - that's one way to do it...

In reply to Cooter :

And that's another way! And you should add them! It's a rare day when I say "this thread has too many pictures." 

In reply to Tom1200 :

I like that picture a lot! 

accordionfolder
1/11/21 5:12 p.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Whoevers driving hit it with a purpose - that's pretty far into the air, too bad you didn't get a front-on picture. It would've been good too!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/11/21 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

You arent far off. the bike wasan end of the riding season, get this thing out of my garage, price. $440. The Arai was $400.

preach (fs)
1/11/21 5:15 p.m.

My bent steering wheel still hangs on the shop wall. We left the devastated windshield frame in the woods, I am sure it has returned to the earth by now. That was probably 1995.

I did not have my seat belt on at the time and at 6'2" and probably 190# I learned to fit under a CJ-7s dash REALLY quick.

accordionfolder
1/11/21 5:28 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

This is my new favorite thread.

I knew GRM wouldn't dissapoint!

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/11/21 5:44 p.m.

Well it's barely 3 wheels, 3rd gear dry lake bed rally-X

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.