Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/24/22 2:55 p.m.
feature_image

Porsche Penske Motorsport unveiled its LMDh-spec prototype race car, dubbed the 963, at the Goodwood Festival of Speed today.

In total, Porsche Penske will field two cars in the upcoming 2023 FIA World Endurance Championship and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, with Kévin Estre, Michael Christensen, André Lotterer, Laurens Vanthoor, Matt Campbell, Mathieu Jaminet, Dane Cameron and Felipe Nasr slated …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/24/22 2:55 p.m.

surprise

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/24/22 3:03 p.m.

I can't wait for January. It sounds cool as hell.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
6/24/22 3:57 p.m.

Will the big holes in the fender tops be the next trend in Porsche street race design ?

Glad to see Porsche  back in IMSA , 

hopefully they do not have a IMSA race the same weekend and the bring it to 2023 Rennsport

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/24/22 4:04 p.m.

Never expected a Porsche to sound like that.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 HalfDork
6/24/22 4:07 p.m.

Wonder if they will make a street car spinoff.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/22 4:13 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

Will the big holes in the fender tops be the next trend in Porsche street race design ?

They may be required by the regulations. I know something like that is required for WEC. 

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
6/24/22 4:19 p.m.

Will this year be the hard cut off for DPi or will the next Daytona 24 have a mix of DPi and LMDh?

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/24/22 6:15 p.m.

BMW has their car at the festival as well, it just happens to be a hundred feet in the air atop their sculpture (which at first I thought was the same as they have done in the past but is just similar).

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
6/24/22 10:01 p.m.

Way cool. I think I will miss the "old school" DPI cars. I think I heard on one of the IMSA radio broadcasts that the current outgoing DPIs (maybe at Laguna Seca?) were turning laps a couple seconds faster than the LMDH cars were testing.

I'm super excited to see so many manufacturers getting into the top level of endurance racing.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
6/25/22 8:26 a.m.

Im looking forward to (hopefully) seeing this at the 24 this year. The hopefully being me. And I really want a GRM ticket.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/25/22 4:14 p.m.

I'm hearing a hint of V8 wonderfulness

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vl59XNBkF3tQHj4PE352CtY0GskGQufbuXBOc2sBhSqahXubvEcLpOx781UYzxgh