1 2
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/5/15 1:00 p.m.

I have a small garage and the same compressor Dave is using, I got the 1/2" diameter version. It went together quick and easy and so far have had zero problems. I used this to replace a temporary setup that would strangle airflow so that my muffler cutter would run out of steam pretty quick; that's fixed. I was a bit concerned about the life of the plastic tubing but Eastwood has been selling a similar system for at least 5 years now, no one seems to have had any problems.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/16/15 11:26 p.m.

Back from the dead!

I'm about to order one of these setups, and I have some questions for you fine folk.

I was planning on going with the 3/4 kit, but what are you guys using for fittings off the manifold? It says it's a 1/2 port, but on northern's website, I can only find type "g" in 1/2, while V is available in 1/4 or 3/8. Also, 3/4 port regulator/filter setups are bloody expensive!

So, I figured the 1/2 kit is probably good for me, but I'm concerned about the manifolds only having 1/4 fittings, that seems small...

So what do I do? Run the 1/2 kit with 1/4 V fittings and 3/8 hose, or the 3/4 kit and reduce to 3/8 V fittings and hose?

WonkoTheSane
4/17/15 12:24 p.m.

One more question: Is it worth going with 1/2" air line, or is 3/8" sufficient for doing things like impact gunning & DA sanding?

WonkoTheSane
4/17/15 6:15 p.m.

I think I'm the only one that cares at this point (since I'm talking to myself), but I finally got home to measure my good Urrea 1/2" impact gun, and that uses a 1/4" npt thread, so that settles it.

I'll go with the 1/2 kit and 3/8 hose..

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/17/15 6:17 p.m.

I used 1/2 - 3/8 reducers into v-type fittings. Hoses are all 3/8. I'll probable hard line my bead blaster with 1/2 at some point. Impact wrench is noticeably stronger with big line and good fittings.

WonkoTheSane
4/17/15 6:33 p.m.

In reply to DILYSI Dave:

Thanks for the info! I know that I could plumb something directly off the half inch line if I need to, so I think i should be safe there.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFzLlWlPLl4oX5N2PX27cZB4k6LQZ8bJvF79Sr9ITdjxMMjishZ837EF0f0RFuAY