David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/9/19 8:30 a.m.
feature_image

It was an uneventful track event. And we’re okay with that.

No fading brakes.

No warning lights across the dash.

Just a relaxed Thursday evening, clicking off some laps with our 2019 Honda Civic Si in a laid-back setting with SCCA Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack at the Florida International Rally & Motorsports Park. It’s …

Read the rest of the story

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/9/19 9:13 p.m.

You guys have almost sold me on getting another Si even after I was ready to bite the bullet on a new GTI Rabbit

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/10/19 9:32 a.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

You guys have almost sold me on getting another Si even after I was ready to bite the bullet on a new GTI Rabbit

The Si is a better car in every way except power and the lack of a hatch option. But, the GTi trunk area is so small without the seats folded down and the Si sedan has a great  backseat and great trunk space. 

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/10/19 2:20 p.m.

I give the honda props for performance and being dead nuts reliable...but god, why do they have to be so god awful butt ugly? The previous generations were IMHO much better looking, and perhaps with todays updates better performers...but I couldnt buy one of the new ones just because of the weird looks...anyone else feel that way?

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/19 4:14 p.m.

Black paint disguises the weird fake vents. Not a good color for parking under the Florida sun, though. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/11/19 1:47 p.m.
spacecadet said:
DirtyBird222 said:

The Si is a better car in every way except power and the lack of a hatch option. But, the GTi trunk area is so small without the seats folded down and the Si sedan has a great  backseat and great trunk space. 

I've had at least one of the last 3 generations of Si and I adore them. I've also had a 2g and 3g Fit. I want something that's a combo of both and Honda kind of offers that with the Civic Sport Hatch but no LSD is killer. The inner me would love to find a used 3g Fit, a 2017+ Si powertrain and do the swap but that's a pipe dream at the moment so I'd have to settle haha. 

mithrilperformance
mithrilperformance New Reader
6/11/19 2:02 p.m.

I've had mine since October and the only "improvement" I made was an Acuity pedal spacer to bring the throttle pedal up to a more comfortable position for heel toeing.  After 13K daily driving miles including several 7 hour trips its going to the track this month for its first official fun run.  

iwannarace
iwannarace New Reader
6/11/19 3:27 p.m.

I'm crazy enough to actually want to put 2 kid seats in the back and deal with that daily. Would the Si coupe fit two forward-facing child seats in back?

This car is growing on me. Also, how is life in traffic with the manual? Performance wise, is it an under steering pig, or fairly neutral like the R?

Rob357
Rob357 New Reader
6/11/19 3:43 p.m.

We've had our Si for a few months now. Still getting great mileage. Fun to drive. Can't wait for our first road trip.

OzCop
OzCop New Reader
6/12/19 12:09 p.m.

Loving mine...had it almost 6 months, but only driven 2600 miles so far. Mostly a dedicated autocross car I can comfortably drive to/from single day events. Local driving nets 31 to 34 mpg. I drove it to Mineral Wells a few weeks ago from my home 90 miles away and netted 38 mpg. Muffler delete, Tires, and wheels have been the only mod, but saved 55 lbs of weight. New rear sway bar arrives today, and that will be installed tomorrow. 

I sold a 2017 Focus ST to purchase this car, and the Focus has way more power, but the handling, and overall feel of confidence with this car makes it a better autocrosser than the Focus ST in my opinion...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O8LUUXFE1Vhvzuk7vnclRLsty4tfhzkSJl1TU9bQmUi1SCQq9Lo1ug9Pe7dRieNK