thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/22/22 2:55 p.m.

Hi all. I just picked up a 2011 Xterra Pro-4X (locking diff, skid plates, etc.) in white. I'm considering putting some Rally Armor mud flaps on it to replace the hard plastic ones it comes with. I'm looking at the universal basic plus ones with a black logo. I'd like to get some with the white logo but they don't come in the longer size. What do y'all think? I do want to keep some sort of flaps to avoid sand blasting the bodywork. 

Zoomed out photo at the alignment shop today after I installed the Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/22/22 6:27 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

I really like the set I put on my Subaru if that matters at all. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/22/22 7:59 p.m.

I used to have long RA universal rally-style flaps on my Raider, but found they did a TON of dragging on rocks and stuff when off-roading, so I trimmed them about 6" shorter. So if you actually offroad, they may get annoying to you (if not, then they'll be fine).

For my actual competition rally car, I just bought a pair of oversized urethane big rig mudflaps and cut them to size, for a lot less $ than the RA flaps. 

thatsnowinnebago
6/22/22 10:36 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

This rig will 100% see dirt.

Where'd you get the big rig flap in urethane? 

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/22/22 11:26 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

Parts stores like NAPA carry big truck mud flaps and they are normally quite large and quite inexpensive.

Nomad
Nomad Reader
6/23/22 1:02 a.m.

Just drive till you see a TA Travel Center. Get fuel, drinks, a meal, mudflaps, CB radio, kids presents, a hot shower....

thatsnowinnebago
6/23/22 2:17 p.m.
Nomad said:

Just drive till you see a TA Travel Center. Get fuel, drinks, a meal, mudflaps, CB radio, kids presents, a hot shower....

Sounds like a party

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/23/22 5:22 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

Just off the internet someplace. Just Google big rig urethane mud flaps or something like that lol

thatsnowinnebago
6/23/22 5:50 p.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:
thatsnowinnebago said:

Just off the internet someplace. Just Google big rig urethane mud flaps or something like that lol

Haha, fair enough. Thanks for not sending a "let me Google that for you" link. 

thatsnowinnebago
1/20/23 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Nomad :

I actually ended up doing that, thanks for the tip. I stopped at a Loves on my way home from Bend a while ago and picked up a semi truck mud flap for like $25. Cut all four flaps out of it. Turns out the factory hard plastic flap on the passenger side rear was already partly broken so the replacement was well-timed  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZlwYnCIIvNXL6oKAclNjKCyqkmIFO2jt1P3tWr3hUVYKBHCabAsP6sZV4scnIO3x