1 2 3
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/20/19 3:45 p.m.
RossD said:

In reply to ebonyandivory :

Isnt that the Infiniti M series?

Edit: its back to Q series.

Right, but INFINITI is the expensive version. I want a rwd Maxima for thousands less. At least in resale prices.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/20/19 3:49 p.m.
Knurled. said:
ebonyandivory said:
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Pretty much all of Infiniti is like that for me. I saw a Q60 and had to look it up- it's basically just a 370z when you loose the vape pen and actually want to impress someone wearing a skirt.

Actually... what IS the point of Infiniti anymore? I can't think of a reason I would buy an Infiniti product over it's cheaper Nissan cousin. Is it the weird, oblong clock?

If Nissan built a rwd Maxima, I’d be texting this from the drivers seat right now.

You just need to go back in time, then.

Trivia:  The "Maxima" name was created because there is/was a regulation in Japan that taxed vehicles based on width.  Which is why all Japanese cars have traditionally been so narrow.  The Maxima was a special, made-for-export (USA) car that was wider than the Japanese limitation.  So they gave it a special name.

Anyway, early Maximas were rear wheel drive and had L-series inline sixes, which are what RB engines are based on.  Make your own L/R Asian joke here.  IIRC there was even a Diesel engine in the Maxima with a super long stroke that, combined with a L28 gas engine block, allows you to construct a 3.1l L-series six.

I don’t want to go back in time. I want later model Maximas in rwd manual with the 3.5 VQ and ~300hp. I’m fully aware of the past Maximas. That’s not what I was commenting about though.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9L3cQNq6yzy1kl2LqxBuJV0vmLvFLD6O7MMtUUaBfXUiP8AnAMmVRNaJ5v2Gi98p