1 2
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
4/9/20 10:21 a.m.
BoxheadTim said:

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

It's got 67k on it, and I do believe the clutch is factory. The issue is with the angle of my foot on the pedal, not necessarily the force needed to push it down as discussed here. Had the same issue with my ND Miata in the past and several other cars (R53 Mini Cooper S, for example).

Sounds like your foot is the issue not the cars :). Maybe BoxFootTim would be a better forum handle. 

I agree with ProDarwin here in that I hope you don't dismiss the car just because of one minor issue. Just K-swap and boost it and you'll forget about the steering feel. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/20 1:15 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
BoxheadTim said:

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

It's got 67k on it, and I do believe the clutch is factory. The issue is with the angle of my foot on the pedal, not necessarily the force needed to push it down as discussed here. Had the same issue with my ND Miata in the past and several other cars (R53 Mini Cooper S, for example).

Sounds like your foot is the issue not the cars :). Maybe BoxFootTim would be a better forum handle. 

Arguably problems in one area do not indicate a lack of problems in the other area laugh.

I agree with ProDarwin here in that I hope you don't dismiss the car just because of one minor issue. Just K-swap and boost it and you'll forget about the steering feel.

The steering feel really is on the "I would like to improve it" list. A K swap isn't on the radar - it's got enough power for now for me, and it's in nice original condition anyway.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oojvdoIP7zGUXdFJ80wdOJd790TkXkMTtrSeggTgVcthfnvUa0AcZdllGLvt64uA