Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/30/20 1:35 a.m.

I just stumbled upon a huge Kei car battle. Fully translated with subtitles. Watch the hell being beat from 660cc of econo box fury.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/30/20 5:42 a.m.

I have a milk crate full of Best Motoring DVDs from the '90s and early 2000s. Loved them at the time. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
1/30/20 10:36 a.m.

I watch old Best Motoring episodes on Youtube on an almost daily basis.  It's either the best or 2nd best car show of the entire 'tv era'. 

16 second 1/4? That's barely even slow! The slalom with handbrake turn at the end looked great too. Certain cars of this class are probably immensely fun to drive. 

"That's some dumbass driving right there"   LOL!!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/30/20 10:45 a.m.

Got boxes of the DVDs. We play them in the garage for background noise. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/30/20 5:50 p.m.

I always loved all this stuff. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/20 6:19 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I just stumbled upon a huge Kei car battle. Fully translated with subtitles. Watch the hell being beat from 660cc of econo box fury.

That's what I was watching the other day that made me start looking up imported Kei cars.

Then I found a '95 STI that was classified as a "snowblower" on importation.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/30/20 6:31 p.m.

There was a recent thread here where we talked about best motoring 

good stuff for us JDM nerds 

j_tso
j_tso Reader
1/30/20 9:41 p.m.

bless the Best Motoring channel for posting up all these and Hot Version videos.

One AE86 Corolla video after another kept popping up in my feed last month.  I watched one where they took the live axle to a shop that adds camber.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etn-q5qV4RE&fbclid=

DocV
DocV Reader
1/31/20 6:51 a.m.

I watched the same thing last night - I searched "BestMotoring Official", and used the YouTube filter to include the videos with close captioning English subtitles, and then binge watched the hell out of that.  It seems to me that they have a new translator adding subtitles to these -- he takes some liberties with translation, sometimes adds his own commentary, and the slang is very 2015+, at one point I believe he translated something as "stiff AF" or something to that effect.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sOq6sHOZ4H05nI8Y5kN1zhQ7BsVPgpioMs9xtBI20XuaQrz7q4guUX9RkaKM91oN