steronz
steronz Reader
9/26/18 8:28 p.m.

Does such a thing exist?  Everything I'm finding is convex/wide angle.

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
9/26/18 9:27 p.m.

They're rare but they do exist. I have a flat version of the Allview RAM mirror, which I bought from Stable Energies in Garfield, NJ. I'm not sure if they are still in production.

Fortunately, Five Star Racing Bodies makes a 17 inch wide flat mirror as well:

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=103

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/18 10:56 p.m.

just looking for a normal car like rear view mirror? I would fab up a mount you could strap to the bar (unless you want to weld) and simply mount a normal car mirror to it. Those stick on shoes people glue to their windshields are not expensive. Epoxy might even work.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/18 1:14 a.m.

A wink mirror won’t work?

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
9/27/18 8:12 a.m.

Stefan took my answer...

I think i still have one kicking around...but as i recall they were not expensive.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/18 9:20 a.m.

+1 for a Wink (multi-panel) mirror if it's a dedicated daytime track car. If it's also driven on the street or used in night races, the multiplied headlights in the rearview plus lack of a refraction lever is a bad combination...

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/18 10:53 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

+1 for a Wink (multi-panel) mirror if it's a dedicated daytime track car. If it's also driven on the street or used in night races, the multiplied headlights in the rearview plus lack of a refraction lever is a bad combination...

I've not had any issues with that, I've used them for years.  Losing the sunvisors can be a big issue, but tinting the top of the windshield helps. 

The mirrors are coated to reduce glare and for night racing you could adjust the angle slightly if needed during a pitstop/driver change.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NaFQPyVIIvM54QDO2cWtsZyi8uU2qN2AdrhKdZPMyjvnL9EUfkNbwsvyBwop1Dzb