1 2 3 4
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/22/21 1:03 p.m.
obsolete said:

I dunno, this one is pretty cool: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/an-rx-8-is-just-a-long-miata-rx-8-turbo-mzr-autocr/161405/page1/

Note that a lot of the craziness of that car is because SM and like 500hp.  IIRC he mentioned elsewhere that a 2.5 + boost for a street car wouldn't be nearly that big a deal (no need for a custom trans or 8.8 rear to handle the power), although I don't know how documented that is.  I think a 250whp Turbo MZR would be perfect for that chassis.

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/22/21 1:35 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Yep, agreed on all points.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/21 1:48 p.m.
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Cams and a 2.5 should get you well past the 13B-MSP.

Cams, an umodified 2.5, and simple bolt-ons seem to get you 180ish rwhp.  I've seen some 2.5 NCs doing low 200s, but they all seem to have high compression pistons and a bunch of head work.

Googling for dyno sheets, a stock (new) RENESIS is about 190?

And yes, forced induction changes a bunch of things, but I think that's kind of outside the realm of simple motor swaps.

Allegedly the cammed 2.5 in the NC in my class at the RXNC made 210whp.

It also idled like my bridge ported 13B laugh

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/22/21 3:26 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Cams and a 2.5 should get you well past the 13B-MSP.

Cams, an umodified 2.5, and simple bolt-ons seem to get you 180ish rwhp.  I've seen some 2.5 NCs doing low 200s, but they all seem to have high compression pistons and a bunch of head work.

Googling for dyno sheets, a stock (new) RENESIS is about 190?

And yes, forced induction changes a bunch of things, but I think that's kind of outside the realm of simple motor swaps.

Allegedly the cammed 2.5 in the NC in my class at the RXNC made 210whp.

It also idled like my bridge ported 13B laugh

Yes, it can be done.  I just don't think it's as easy as "buy a 2.5 and put some cams in it".

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oZW9gZ7XAolyHced0s7NWK4Q6aQk54jvdkiyAozQn8nm4I2e7StN4BpqtzRpFqCH