Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/14/17 2:24 p.m.
feature_image

Over the last two years, more than 10,000 automotive enthusiasts have enjoyed their own cars on tracks around the United States thanks to SCCA Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack. That dream continues in 2017 as the Sports Car Club of America announces the return of Track Night in America.

From Washington to Florida, Massachusetts to California, a …

Read the rest of the story

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
2/14/17 3:27 p.m.

Dropped Putnam Park in IN, still no Mid Ohio or NCM. Glad there's more opportunities with other groups.

BikingEngineer
BikingEngineer New Reader
2/14/17 3:46 p.m.

I don't see the Willow Springs event, but I have a sign up link sitting in my email. This list might not be complete.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/14/17 4:14 p.m.

In reply to BikingEngineer:

Fixed. Willow Springs and Wild Horse Pass were named in the body of the release but not included in the list. Just moved them to the list.

Toebra
Toebra Reader
2/15/17 8:10 a.m.

Does not look to me like that S2K in the picture would pass the broomstick test.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/15/17 10:17 a.m.

I'm laying the game plan to attend the April 5th Atlanta event in VWguyBruce's old Challenge Metro. I'm going to rent a tow dolly to haul it up there just to make sure I get home one way or the other. I'm planning on bringing the whole family and making an evening of it.

DanielCut
DanielCut Reader
2/15/17 10:26 a.m.

Neat, I took that photo.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
2/15/17 6:05 p.m.

I'm hoping to make one of the PittRace track nights. I went to one last year, and had a pretty good time.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/15/17 9:15 p.m.

These events are just perfect, especially for those of us with two of the tracks within 40 minutes or so. Don't even have to take time of work, show up a little early, leave a bit late a few other nights and call it even.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
2/15/17 9:25 p.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane:

Bastard. ;)

In edit: The nannies let us say "bastard".

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/16/17 6:40 a.m.

Oh, was that bragging Mike? I guess it maaaay have sounded that way

You seriously have to crash at my place to hit one of the Palmer full day events this year, it's an amazing amount of track time for the money.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
2/16/17 8:14 a.m.

Pocono is 40 minutes from my office door. Although a few hours after the schedule was posted I'd already gone and spent $160 on track wheels and tires.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h646estphISybdRHRkMFMC0GmuexEAqaSbBZMXISSbqqvLZpa3zu6wxSfALDxtBt