1 ... 110 111 112 113
759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
2/19/23 2:30 p.m.

The grille closed ......expanded metal .......chicken wire?  Emblem with teeth???

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/19/23 5:49 p.m.
759NRNG said:

The grille closed ......expanded metal .......chicken wire?  Emblem with teeth???

If you saw how I shaved every ounce from all over the car you would not be asking me to add some completely unnecessary weight right at the front of the car, the worst possible place for it

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
2/19/23 6:45 p.m.

Oh Ok, then a decal maybe Eh?.....or not??? as maz duece would say ounces add up to lbs.....got the T bro?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/19/23 10:21 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I would put on an MG decal, I'll look for one now

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/25/23 12:33 p.m.

I threw down a coat of epoxy primer to get a better look at surface imperfections. I need some glaze in places but it should be ready for paint soon 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/3/23 3:29 p.m.

The painting of a new livery has begun. Hyundai Performance Blue looks amazing, next comes the flourescent pink

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/6/23 8:18 p.m.

OMG I finished painting the rest of it and it's REALLY vivid. I'll post pics once the pinstriping is done

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/8/23 2:23 p.m.

Here it is, video will be out later 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/23 2:27 p.m.

Very Nice! I like the 908/3 inspired livery done with the pink.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/8/23 5:55 p.m.
adam525i said:

Very Nice! I like the 908/3 inspired livery done with the pink.

Yes, that is where I got the idea. Here is the video of the livery change Episode 302 livery Change

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/8/23 6:11 p.m.

That looks fantastic

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/23 9:53 a.m.

Just watched the video and noticed you were at 999 subscribers, someone has to push you over to 1000!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/11/23 5:06 p.m.

Brakes and clutch are bled after replacing all master cylinders with lighter weight models. I found out the hard way that carbon fibre conducts electricity. A stray wire touched a CF panel and started smoking, which was a surprise. It's all ready to go now, just need the new tires put on. I have a set of Hoosiers and a set of Goodyears to try out when we are in Lincoln in May. Maybe I'll do some slow laps around the kart track before then? I did reach 1000 subscribers a couple of days ago then I uploaded the MGB video and lost a subscriber :(

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
3/11/23 8:20 p.m.

Ok so.....when do you and Jeff K meet face to face and at what event these next few months?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/12/23 7:39 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Ok so.....when do you and Jeff K meet face to face and at what event these next few months?

I race it in AMod now so I may not run into him ever again. Somebody else is running it in EMod and I won't go back unless I must for some reason

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/13/23 9:22 p.m.

We had our first event today and it was bumpy and cold but the car performed very well. I love how the colors pop on camera and had a great time racing today. I landed up stiffening front bar slightly and lowering rear roll center and it didn't do anything scary out on track. I made 6 runs and hit two cones, sadly one of them was on a run quick enough to take top Pax, I still won my class, though FIRST RACE WITH MGB THIS YEAR

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
5/16/23 11:10 p.m.

Nice arse is this what puts you into AMoD?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/17/23 9:19 a.m.
759NRNG said:

Nice arse is this what puts you into AMoD?

No, I run AMod with a car legal for EMod

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
5/31/23 11:11 p.m.

Just got back from Springnationals in Lincoln and it was a disaster, sorta. The plan was for me, Briget, Carrie and Jeff to run the 1965 Lotus Elan in DM and Chris and Nick to run the MGB in EM. Nick and Chris took the MGB on the test course and requested smoother power delivery and to not lift a front tire in turns. I left the boost at 30 psi but took away a ton of ignition timing down low and this really soften the punch at lower rpm and gave the car a more linear power delivery

I discovered a badly broken mount where the 3rd link attaches to the diff and we had to go buy a welder but our generator wasn't up to the task so the welds are terrible. I can't wait to grind them off and redo them. We also discovered that the extra capacity in my new radiator meant that my water pump could not keep up and resulted in overheating at low rpm. I will eliminate overheating by going to a smaller rad-crazy, right? Anyways, running the practice course back to back to back resulted in hot engine oil and a burst oil line that made a really big mess but fortunately, the Ecotec withstood running out of oil.

After fixing all that, the master switch failed in the ON position and we could turn off the engine but not the digital dash or power steering. The car had only made about 15 test runs at that point and just kept breaking. Then the car I was supposed to race broke and had very little chance of being fixed so everybody switched to racing my car, the only one still running. I ran in AM, Chris and Nick in EM, Briget and Carrie ran it in LR (Ladies Race Class). Fine, I believed in the Pink Panther even though we had some early problems. Anyways, watch the video to find out what happens THE $HIT SHOW

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
6/18/23 1:30 p.m.

I welded up a new exhaust system using V-bands and can have a muffler or straight pipe it in just a few minutes, depending on sound requirements. I don't have a picture of it but the new, smaller radiator is in and the cooling system seems much happier as a result of having less water in the system. It never occurred to me that at some point, the water pump will run out of power to move a volume of water but now I know. Also, one of the drivers at Springnats forgot to start the fan before his run and got the motor hotter than I would have liked so I added an automatic fan control to the new rad. One more thing, the car is officially for sale for $23,000 and I'll have it at Nationals if you want a closer look

johndej
johndej SuperDork
6/18/23 1:59 p.m.

I saw the Facebook ad for this but hadn't followed the thread to catch the new livery so didn't put 2 and 2 together. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
6/20/23 8:10 p.m.

I berkeleyed the radiator in the Camaro but the radiator that was too big for the MGB just happened to fit in the Camaro See video here

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
6/20/23 8:34 p.m.

For sale eh? Anyone here in B'Ham interested.......Walker Morgan perhaps???

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
8/7/23 10:46 p.m.

Briget and I attended a local event and things were going just fine until the motor in the Pink Panther started to knock.  If you remember from my video "The $hit show" the car was run hot and without oil for a while so the rods were already compromised. We put the car back in the trailer and I switched attention to the Camaro. I'm going to try and get it ready to run CP class at our local events, which means a lot has to happen very quickly. Click here for video 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/7/23 11:14 p.m.

Bummer on the motor, but I'm so stoked to have you with us in CP!

1 ... 110 111 112 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9j9dfS2V9s9n4bBsHviSziEi8Xjvbgp8S1XqPo7WSJxbyesFKflL0zYxHEK14mK9