The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
1/20/22 2:51 p.m.

Sixty years ago, Daytona hosted its first major endurance race for sports cars. Known then as the Daytona Continental, the race was only a three-hour-long contest. In 1966, the race’s length would be increased to its current 24 hours. 

Fast forward to today, and there are 61 cars ready to take to the World Center of Racing for 24 hours straight …

Read the rest of the story

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
1/20/22 8:41 p.m.

I still haven't received my tickets and it's less than a week away. Typically in past years I would have them by now. Can't get through to the track due to heavy call volume. Should I be concerned?

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/21/22 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

Sorry to hear that you haven't gotten your tickets yet. I'm going to see what I can do to get you some kind of answer.

SHutson
SHutson New Reader
1/21/22 12:21 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

Tickets are electronic this year.  Log into your Daytona Speedway account and you can send them to your Apple or Android wallet or print out hard copies.  They will be scanned at the gate for a wristband and car pass.  Not sure what they are doing about the grassroots "ticket". 

This will likely slow things down at the gate s plan accordingly.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/21/22 3:26 p.m.

Is anybody at the roar? if so can you please provide us with some sites and sounds for those stuck in the winter vortex. I have never been able to take vacations during January for any of my jobs. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
1/21/22 5:25 p.m.

They have always mailed me my tickets, and when I renewed, they said nothing about my tickets being any different this year.

Russ McBride
Russ McBride New Reader
1/21/22 6:40 p.m.
trigun7469 said:

Is anybody at the roar? if so can you please provide us with some sites and sounds for those stuck in the winter vortex. I have never been able to take vacations during January for any of my jobs. 

I'm interested, too.

I see a little bit of coverage on Peacock, but not much.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
1/21/22 10:01 p.m.

There's a YouTube page called Lanky Turtle that usually has short videos from Daytona and Sebring.  Nothing but sound from the cars, though, so no info on what's happening.

stevette
stevette New Reader
1/25/22 9:38 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

When I spoke with the ticket office about a month ago, they informed me there will be no paper tickets this year.  They said we should get an email notification when the tickets are available to print from online. Well, that was only partially accurate, because my tickets were available to print last week with no email notification.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/25/22 10:08 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Thank you!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8cRiXCGc1GcWm0YCZFqRjpDeB4sSHjYZlriAjaQm4BAYn8TfV4xzqtx5owGClb9w