Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/20/22 4:08 p.m.
feature_image

Planning out your schedule for 2023? Make sure to check out Sebring International Raceway’s event calendar first.

The iconic Florida circuit is set to host 15 spectator events in 2023, including the 12 Hours of Sebring, HSR Classic Sebring 12 Hour and World Racing League Eastern Championship.

The full list of events is as follows:

• January 13-15: Hoosier Racing Tire …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/20/22 7:42 p.m.

We recently had International GT here at Daytona. It shared the card with an Audi club track day.

I took two friends–one had never been to the Speedway.

They totally loved it. We watched from the bleachers, walked the paddock, and talked to some friends of mine. 

So while we often think about the big events, don't forget that a club weekend can be cool as a spectator. It's a chance to get up close and personal with all involved. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/20/22 8:12 p.m.

A few weeks ago I attended the HSR Classic 12 at Sebring. Its a really neat event and extremely relaxed with small crowds. Some awesome cars. If anyone is nearby, put it the calendar for next year, well worth it. 

I probably took 100 pics ... I should make a thread and post them. Here are a few:

David S. Wallens
12/21/22 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

I went to the HSR contest at Daytona–similar vibe. Lots of cool cars without the crowd. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
12/21/22 4:04 p.m.

Champcar 10.5hr is coming up on  the 31st.  Last I checked, they had over 80 cars signed up.

David S. Wallens
12/21/22 4:10 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

That should be a fun weekend. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
12/22/22 9:23 a.m.
racerfink said:

Champcar 10.5hr is coming up on  the 31st.  Last I checked, they had over 80 cars signed up.

We'll be there and will likely end up with a catastrophic engine failure but we'll be there. 

David S. Wallens
12/22/22 4:15 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Showing up is like 90%, right?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VdqBa8Y5cbnJjquF9kJc0lb4nvdoVfQRDF7aZAJbyPs4F2TzmjGkN9Yn0yzc4B0k