1 ... 3 4 5
Berck
Berck Reader
6/11/22 10:16 a.m.

It just gets better. 

https://carbuzz.com/news/mazda-creates-special-new-paint-color

Mazda says "color is a crucial part of what gives shape to a vehicle" and it wants to develop colors that accentuate its design language. With that in mind, say hello to Rhodium White Premium.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/22 11:23 a.m.
Driven5 said:

There is no such thing as an "SUV color", or a "CUV color", or a "sports car color", or a "minivan color", or a "sedan color", or a "station wagon color", or a "hatchback color", or a "chep economy car color", or a "truck color", or a "racecar color" or any other such idiotic nonsense.

The takeaway that I get is that Soul Red, while absolutely stunning on a car (and I say this as someone who normally hates reds), is also used on trucks, so therefore it is not exclusive enough to be good.  Therefore, what makes a good color is not so much what it looks like on the car, but the fact that other people cannot have it?

No wonder everything is gray or silver or dark gray silver...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/22 12:34 p.m.

It's our Summer Camp / Open House this weekend, there have been many "which grey BD, the grey grey or the light grey or the grey with blue or the white grey?" jokes.

But I've gotta say, a white RF is a good looking car. That body color windshield surround changes the look. (I know this is Ceramic Mica, the white white one has the top down so it doesn't show as well)

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
6/11/22 2:12 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I like them too

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/11/22 2:19 p.m.

Clearly some of you still don't understand my complaint about Mazda's colors.  They are SUv colors because I can get the entire SUV lineup in the same colors as a Miata.  The entire color palette goes on everything; sedan, CUV, SUV and the Miata.  It makes the Miata less special and that is terrible.  The Miata is a special car and it deserves special color options.  If it had them, I very likely might have bought one this month.

The Miata needs more color options and some bold flashy options too.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/11/22 2:24 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

So Mazda makes flashy colored SUVs. Good for them.  Does this make the Miata look less good just because the color also looks good on a CX3?

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/11/22 4:37 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

So Mazda makes flashy colored SUVs. Good for them.  Does this make the Miata look less good just because the color also looks good on a CX3?

I disagree their SUVs are not flashy colors.  Even their reds and blues have tons of grey in them.  It's a palette for the masses not sports car enthusiasts.  

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/22 1:37 a.m.

They should bring back some FD colors

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
6/13/22 9:30 a.m.

In reply to mr2peak :

+1

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/13/22 9:37 a.m.
mr2peak said:

They should bring back some FD

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/22 10:24 a.m.
mr2peak said:

They should bring back some FD colors

They don't even have to dig that deep, there are plenty of interesting Miata colors over the years. 

A couple years ago they did they orange 30th anniversary edition and it sold out instantly.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/13/22 10:41 a.m.
mr2peak said:

They should bring back the Manual Mazda 3 at a reasonable price/trim level

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yeRD1abLaaOmUadGytolQ4rs2FkJZVgpMRieUqF7h3OHiE8CWYPB04U5bczyXPg1