1 2
Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/22 11:24 a.m.

This one is pretty cool too and one of my favorites. Cast by someone on this board for SanFord. 

This is an old picture of it. It's currently hanging on the key rack in the shop with SanFord's keys on it. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/28/22 12:37 p.m.

This is from a couple that are good friends of my wife and I.  The husband passed away 3 or so years ago, they are both in their 70's, he spent his working career selling commercial vehicles and retired from a place that made funeral cars.  His wife moved last year into a condo and in the process of cleaning out the house came across this and asked if I wanted it.  Of course I said yes, it was given to her husband from a Cadillac dealer that he bought cars from for conversion.  

pirate
pirate Dork
7/28/22 1:35 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:
pirate said:

How about  P38 C Ration Can Opener that I have carried around on a key ring since the 60's for no good reason.

My high school football coach had one of those on his key ring long after he was out of the army. I was always kind of fascinated by that thing. Is it just a can opener or does it have other uses?

It pretty much just a can opener, the little blade flips out 90 degrees and the under cut goes over top ridge of can and you just work it around edge of can. I've used it over the years for tightening an occasional screw, scraper, etc. one P38 came in each C Ration pack. Most guys had one attached to Dog Tag chain. Really no reason I've kept it all these years but would hate to lose this particular one seeing as I've had it this long. There's probably millions out there someplace.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
7/28/22 3:33 p.m.

These three are from the early 2000's NOPI Nationals car show and the old Super Street tour to Nopi.  Throwbacks from a more Ricey time in my life.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
7/28/22 3:36 p.m.

Just a couple of the more useful pieces of swag from my days working with NASA.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
7/28/22 3:39 p.m.

Last one for now, a real carbon fiber pen given as entrant swag at 2007 NASA championships at Mid Ohio. I got it for working tech and compliance all week.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
7/28/22 3:50 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to Crxpilot :

Speaking of New Beetle stuff, I have a Turbonium periodic table stored somewhere here in my office. (Stolen image below.)

Similar is a bunch of "Fast" stuff from the MKV release. Not sure where Ive got it all though.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
7/28/22 6:09 p.m.

This is on my keychain. It game from the GRM New Years Game last year or the one before. It fits my old man driving style. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
7/30/22 2:07 a.m.

P38/P51 Can openers work well as a tool to carry in wallet for opening stuff and tightening screws when traveling and I can't have multitool on me. Goes right thru security without a blink of an eye. Cheap as chips if you lose or screw it up also.

outasite
outasite HalfDork
7/30/22 9:30 a.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

Flying out of Amsterdam in 99 Security stopped me when they spotted the P38 attached to my key ring. Curious about what it was and it's purpose, I answered their questions. They said nothing about the small Victorinox knife that was also attached.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/22 7:30 p.m.

This was found in a box of random junk.

I have no idea who Pauline is.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/22 7:48 p.m.

And this.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
7/31/22 9:32 p.m.

We're moving, so its actual coordinates are currently undefined, but "somewhere" I have a Citroen tie my Dad brought back from the Earl's Court Motor Show in London in 1965 or 1966. Dark blue with rows of gold chevrons. (Yes, I know they're really gears.)

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/1/22 8:41 a.m.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/1/22 3:57 p.m.

How about some cool Porsche stuff from my desk.

car39
car39 Dork
8/1/22 4:21 p.m.

Some things from life as a car dealer

Our key tag

1960's key tag SAAB Volvo Peugeot and Studebaker service

Hillman Cigarette Lighter

Over 100 SAABs sold in a year

Tie Tacks

25 Year Volvo Dealer Award

50 Year Volvo Award

1st SAAB Dealer in the US, 1967 Dealer intro

SAAB Dealer intro, September 1959  I bent the pitot playing with it as a kid.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/1/22 6:33 p.m.

Neat stuff so far. I posted my key fobs up in another thread so I offer these:

A wooden Challenge Coin for the USS Cheyenne made out of the hard wood keel block from a drydocking in Groton, CT:

Thumb for reference. This next one is the same-ish size. It's a Commander level Challenge Coin. Navy guys know:

I was at a bar once when some guys were flopping out their di...er...Challenge Coins and an old timer casually put down his coin and made everyone cry. Apparently he went to school with the Secretary of the Navy. Haha. He won hands down.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
8/1/22 8:30 p.m.

Some pens and a mini screwdriver because MSD thinks I'm going to adjust the rev limiter often.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/22 9:35 p.m.

Swap meet find:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/2/22 9:22 a.m.

Uncut, glow in the dark key blank from a 1995 Neon, thrown connecting rod from an OS 1.2 ci 4-stroke model airplane engine (Manic Miata's key chain), and a tie tack with the logo of my car club, founded in 1952.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/6/22 9:30 p.m.

In 1993 GM was encouraging retirees to recommend to their family/friends to buy a GM product and you can get a point for each sale.  I convinced my father-in-law to get me the silver coin since I was the one that bought a '94 Blazer S10.  It's worth $33 on eBay currently.

I also have one of his 30 years of GM employment with Fisher Body tie pins given every 5 years. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x8MpSTaYtalB7dZSMo8mVEZmLLwRFh539PYS2DcQ9iIV3VyFg5XzmPgJYwDnVRNk