1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/15/20 7:50 p.m.

Frenchy, you win this thread. Turner, you're not far behind. 

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
9/15/20 8:23 p.m.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
9/15/20 10:16 p.m.

The car is an Entropy Racing rental, but the driver of #62 is me. Does this count? Pocono North, September 2004. 1st overall in EMRA small bore race.

isucorvair
isucorvair None
9/16/20 5:38 a.m.

Hastings Motorsports Park, 9/13/20

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/16/20 9:34 a.m.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/16/20 9:36 a.m.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
9/17/20 12:11 p.m.

me (in the Mustang) vs my wife (in the Miata)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/20 12:18 p.m.

From yesterday. No action shots, I was busy driving. Brief stop before climbing another 1000' or so.

Wizard_Of_Maz
Wizard_Of_Maz Reader
9/17/20 1:16 p.m.

Fortunately, I'm marginally more competent at autocrossing than I am taping my vehicle. Peep the GRM license plate frame :)

These things are so much fun stock. New wheels, tires, and suspension will follow in the next season, but I'm just enjoying it as is right now

Keith Tanner said:

From yesterday. No action shots, I was busy driving. Brief stop before climbing another 1000' or so.

Jealous.

Which Fox shocks are you running on that? Do they get rid of the harshness of OEM and replacement shocks? I'm going to be working on the XJ some over the next few months and shocks are on the list. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/17/20 2:15 p.m.

Gingerman Trackday, 6-20, PR with this car 1:52.  With tires that are not 6 years old and some cooling to the brakes I think she has a sub 1:50 lap in her.  Just turned 30k miles this week.

Keith Tanner
9/18/20 9:33 a.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:
Keith Tanner said:

Jealous.

Which Fox shocks are you running on that? Do they get rid of the harshness of OEM and replacement shocks? I'm going to be working on the XJ some over the next few months and shocks are on the list. 

They're Fox Racing 2.0 Performance IFS shocks. And on the trail on Wednesday, it was like I was driving a trophy truck compared to everyone else. Seriously, on the "high speed" sections I was moving at 25 mph while everyone else in new Jeeps and side by sides was going at 10. They've got a really good primary ride in particular. Miles ahead of any Bilsteins I've tried. They cost money (I think it was about $600 for the set) but you only spend it once. IIRC I did have to go with a longer rear than suggested by Fox for my ride height because they were topping out.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
9/18/20 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That looks really fun! I want to try to get into some dirt stuff.

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
9/18/20 10:28 a.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

Here's some dirt stuff - 2019 Baja XL Rally

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 10:29 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Is it a win if you can't follow the rules and post pictures of your car motorsporting?

accordionfolder
9/18/20 10:35 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Is it a win if you can't follow the rules and post pictures of your car motorsporting?

Did you look at page 9? Great photos all around..... 

In reply to monark192 :

Yisssssss. I think I have some pretty decent trails around at Mid-TN since everyone and their grandmother owns a jeep. 

Keith Tanner
9/18/20 10:57 a.m.

The fun part about dirt motorsporting can be the challenge of dealing with obstacles, but it's also where you end up when you're done. This is all from Wednesday. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/18/20 10:59 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 11:35 a.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

no i looked at the last page with stationary stuff and jag v12's stuffed everywhere.  We can let him have this one I guess since stampie and yupididit are so good at making him take the L

accordionfolder
9/18/20 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Well now we're not even adding stationary pictures to the mix with these just text posts, eh? ;) 

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That's absolutely gorgeous. Kinda what my perception of "off roading" is in a general sense. Like, I road bike for exercise and some fun, but I mountain bike because it's fun period and I get to see neat stuff. Not a perfect analogy, but I would like to have a "mountain bike" version of my motorsports fun - without thinking: "man, how's my camber? Are these tires heat-cycled out? Let's go for a PB! Am I going to hit that wall at triple digit speeds?" 

As to not double down on my sins, this muffler was patched MANY TIMES:

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
9/18/20 11:56 a.m.

When I rented ORP............

Jordan Rimpela (FS)
Jordan Rimpela (FS) Dork
9/18/20 12:12 p.m.

So glad to see this still going. Here's some more of my old Volvo, from 2007:

Note the GRM sticker in the window, albeit a bit blurry:

And another of the Caprice from a rainy Auto-x in... 2011?:

Obviously not shot by me and, with the latest one being 9 years old, forgive the potato quality.

Keith Tanner
9/18/20 12:27 p.m.

I was pulling out some historical photos for the 25th anniversary of the Underground Miata Network (I'm the only remaining founding member!) and came up with this shot of me autocrossing my first car in 1995 or so. I was probably running Yokohama A509s in the fat 195/55-14 size. Hot stuff!

Keith Tanner
9/18/20 12:35 p.m.

I never drove it in anger, but here's the first real race car I ever built and supported: the Track Dog. GRM sponsored running in the Open Track Challenge - picture a combination of Time Attack and One Lap. Basically 7 consecutive timed track days at a series of tracks around the west. Slicks, intercooler sprayer, wing, splitter, ducted hood, vented rear window, coolers out the wazoo, water injection, hand-made NACA submerged inlet ducts - not bad for 2003.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
9/18/20 3:38 p.m.

This thread needs more body-roll!

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5hrMjLMWUJuf0ECVo2igX4OGsb23ZYU8U7PHLAHhQcOZnMBNfYsNMyeYSrnEUbGu