1 2 3 ... 9
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 9:25 p.m.

I don’t have much time (you’ll see why) but roughly one month ago a gray 2012 Honda Accord totaled my 2005 Yukon Denali, remember that thread everybody?

Well as seen in these pages, I found a “new” 2005 Yukon Denali that was much nicer than my other one and was basically flawless.

During the month of desperation searching for a suitable replacement, I’d been driving a 2016 Nissan Altima rental paid for by the driver of the other vehicle. I brought my shiny new ever-so-white Yukon home tonight and parked it beside my rented Altima.

Which brings us to tonight. Im on my bed watching Bullitt chase scenes when out of nowhere, we hear the loudest BOOM and my wife and kids all assumed the other fell down the stairs while carrying an air conditioner.

Looking out our picture widow we see this:

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 9:26 p.m.

And then this: car at bottom is my rental for the first totaled Denali. Accord hits Altima into Yukon and also hits Yukon himself. Yukon and Altima are 15-20 feet from where they were parked.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/16/18 9:28 p.m.

Damn! How fast was that tree going?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
1/16/18 9:29 p.m.

Aw shizz. Hate to see that. Hope the insurance company doesn’t jerk you around about coverage on it. Was the driver who hit it impaired?  

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 9:30 p.m.

So... ANOTHER gray Honda Accord (from Hennessy Honda in Woodstock most likely) slid across our lawn and destroyed my one-hour-old-to-me Yukon Denali AND the rented Altima for the FIRST totaled Denali.

May she Rest In Peace (pieces?). We hardly knew ye.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad

Is it inappropriate for us to laugh? You guys are all right, so maybe we can giggle just a bit about the comedy? Need us to help you find another one?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork

What the ever loving berkeley????

Glad everyone was inside.

May be time to NOT buy another Denali. 

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
1/16/18 9:32 p.m.

Ouch. Maybe stay away from Yukons and try your luck with a Tahoe?

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/16/18 9:36 p.m.

Holy berkeley surprise

Don't wanna say there's a target on your trucks... but there's a target on your trucks.

Sorry for your loss. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 9:42 p.m.

Have any of you connected the dots? The ones that lead you to remember that my HOUSE was hit by a car and did $53,000 worth of damage and came a few feet away from killing my dad?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 9:47 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Is it inappropriate for us to laugh? You guys are all right, so maybe we can giggle just a bit about the comedy? Need us to help you find another one?

No. Hell, I was laughing. My wife? Not so much. She almost attacked the driver especially after she saw his “condition”.

My commute is about a month from getting longer so I’m leaning toward a CX7 or something a little more fuel efficient.

EastCoastMojo
1/16/18 9:48 p.m.

Time for some bigass landscape boulders. Or a moat.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 9:56 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Time for some bigass landscape boulders. Or a moat.

It’s a rural neighborhood in a rural town and it’s on the INSIDE of a bend. “Off’s” should be away from the house. It’s seems less like physics and more like being targeted.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/18 10:00 p.m.

That's just ridiculous!  I'm glad everyone is OK, but I would probably considering trying to move based on the fact that your house and parked cars seem to be a target for impaired drivers!

EastCoastMojo
1/16/18 10:01 p.m.

I know what you mean. I live on a pretty straight stretch of road and we have had no less than 5 cars plow into the slope in front of our house. I have no idea how any of them even got pointed in our direction, it's berkeleying straight!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/18 10:05 p.m.

Dude I can't even insured by some companies because I've had 2 total losses in two years. Even though one was a theft. You're insurance is going to get tired of you.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/16/18 10:08 p.m.

UnBerkin' believable.....third time's a charm??? 

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/16/18 10:29 p.m.

What the hell man.

Does your insurance company hate you?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/18 10:31 p.m.

Wait, what? The second one is gone? berkeley man, time to not buy lotto tickets. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 10:32 p.m.
Run_Away said:

What the hell man.

Does your insurance company hate you?

Well, I’ve been at ZERO fault for both of these. One I was completely stopped in traffic and the drivers insurance said they accept 100% fault. And this one, my truck and the rental were both parked in my driveway.

Unless I’m mixed up, MY company isn’t paying. And that the driver was dragged off in handcuffs on the surface would seem to be in my favor.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/18 10:34 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

Have any of you connected the dots? The ones that lead you to remember that my HOUSE was hit by a car and did $53,000 worth of damage and came a few feet away from killing my dad?

So somehow you've totalled two denalis....and a house. Impressive.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/18 10:38 p.m.

So wait you are now getting a rental for the rental?  Oh I can just see the irony that is going to play out with this one. I hope you have a really good agent. 

I wonder how the payout will play put.  

I would be so pissed of if it was me

Looking at the photos are you sure it is totaled?  

dean1484
1/16/18 10:41 p.m.

Ohh never mind I see significant suspension damage and I can only assume that is bent frame. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/18 10:43 p.m.

Holy E36 M3 man...

Maybe the universe just has something against you owning a white Yukon?

dean1484
1/16/18 10:44 p.m.

Look at the bright side you already know what the payout is basically going to be but if it is really that nice I would press for a bunch more as you now know the market (retail that is) and what it is going to cost to replace that vehicle in kind. 

1 2 3 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F2vVaDaGoF7Rvu3QFGiWnFlRuNNfjgIOG8KUwMevpdaZkK8gOKmAoQ9zbIVo3tlG