clean up/ minor detail in case of trading it in next week

TxCoyote
TxCoyote New Reader
3/29/13 7:32 p.m.

I'm putting in brake cooling ducts on the RX7 and nerf bars on the tow rig

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/29/13 7:38 p.m.

I discovered a puddle under the LeSabre today so an otherwise pretty open day got pretty full.
A pressure tester showed it was that same damn plastic coolant elbow on the 3800 engine that cools the belt tensioner. I had just replaced the thing 18k miles and 6 months ago. At that time, I tried to get the metal, upgraded, version but could not source it quickly and locally.
This time, I got the metal version for sure!
$11 later and a couple of hours...all good!

Summer tire shopping tomorrow.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
3/29/13 7:42 p.m.

Daydreaming about working on it while occasionally watching the rain bounce off of it through the kitchen window.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
3/29/13 8:18 p.m.

Spent time on the new to me F500 mounting cooling fans,removing cockpit side bars for arm flailing autox clearence and chassis prep for paint.Tomorrow will be chassis painting and mounting the freshly painted body,need to modify the seating and steering wheel location as well. Also heard it run for the 1st time which made me feel better.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
3/29/13 8:24 p.m.

Hopefully getting rid of it for a different one.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/29/13 8:27 p.m.

Installed the new Summer tires and rims on the Elantra, cleaned each wheel well while each rim was off to get the salt out of there. new Kumho's FTW.

Still sorting the danged fuel tank on the IH truck, new fuel tank all installed but the pump isn't drawing any fuel, so I have to remove it and check the pick up for blockages, or even a EFI pump. Yeah apparently some of the later ones had an in tank pump, wish i had checked the sender when the tank was on the bench... and empty.

Going to see how the Mustang cage is progressing in person.

Helping my friend do a V6 head gasket fix on a 4th gen Camaro.

Inspecting Mongo prior to the Mitty.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
3/29/13 8:43 p.m.

Picked the Elise up from the dealer in St.Louis. New motor, paid for by Lotus under recall for the oil hose ends. Can't biatch a bit.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
3/29/13 8:52 p.m.

painting the frame and chassis parts on the elky. replacing battery cable on duster, and getting insulating/sound deadening done on the interior. hopefully getting to the header gaskets on it, too, as well as getting the front accessories bolted on the elky.

michael

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/13 9:02 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Picked the Elise up from the dealer in St.Louis. New motor, paid for by Lotus under recall for the oil hose ends. Can't biatch a bit.

Wow, that deal keeps getting better!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
3/29/13 9:14 p.m.

driving the s2k to work tomorrow, first autocross of the season sunday (yes, we are a bunch of heathens chasing cones on Easter sunday)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/29/13 9:18 p.m.

Finishing bodywork/rust repair.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
3/29/13 9:29 p.m.

Autocrossing! Our first local event of the season tomorrow.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
3/29/13 9:55 p.m.

Hopefully taking it on a good test drive got the oil cooler and new coolant hose on. Started it up on Monday after finishing up to check for leaks and ran out of gas. Haha

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
3/29/13 10:43 p.m.

Putting balljoints, (entire control arms) CV axle and probly an oilpan gasket on the wife's 200sx. I wish we were putting the SR in it but nay.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
3/29/13 11:28 p.m.

Nothing this weekend, but next weekend I bring home my new toy! A bone stock original '75 280z...the goal next Saturday will be to get it running!

spnx
spnx Reader
3/30/13 12:21 a.m.

Pulled the fuel pump fuse, got the oil pressure up and fired it up for the first time in months.

(turbo NX2000)

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
3/30/13 12:26 a.m.

Putting the upgrade Bilsteins and top hats on the Rolls Royce to upgrade it to 1974 specs, and continue prepping the food and whatnot for next week's Lemons race at Monticello.

spnx
spnx Reader
3/30/13 1:02 a.m.

I like the ring of the phrase "upgrade it to 1974 specs".

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/30/13 5:28 a.m.
Sonic wrote: Q: What Are You Doing To Your Car This Weekend? A: Putting the upgrade Bilsteins and top hats on the Rolls Royce to upgrade it to 1974 specs, and continue prepping...for next week's Lemons race at Monticello.

I think above is worthy of a magazine "Say What" quote as a reminder to us all how often we have done the same to our RR.

BenB
BenB New Reader
3/30/13 5:39 a.m.

Replacing the radiator and TB inlet tube on the MSM. Getting Daughter's Civic inspected.

MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
3/30/13 7:15 a.m.

Putting all this stuff on the brick.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
3/30/13 7:44 a.m.

^^^ Shiny!!!

• Health assessment
  • Picking up some wheels for the 350is
  • Replacing some fuel hoses on the 740i
  • Moving the 4.8L from the wooden stand to the engine for prep
  • Moving the LT1 to the wooden stand
  • Drinking beer
thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
3/30/13 7:45 a.m.

Today, install a new-to-me Forge BOV in my Saab... then go help a buddy try to remove the drivetrain, suspension, and interior from his.

Tomorrow... maybe pull the cover off the Miata and make sure it still runs

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
3/30/13 7:52 a.m.

Skoolie bus getting a spring clean up and prepping Taco joint for a new Brushed aluminium wrap .

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PagjNlaGa5yyfeHtD9JTmdKuc7jKJ89gGiIZjXYEcanZ2vCCAMHWcbuN72RwF8rZ