1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/27/22 10:10 p.m.
feature_image

Due to the impending Hurricane Ian, the GRM offices will be closed September 28 through at least this coming Monday.

Assuming we have electricity and internet, we’ll be online as much as we can. But if you don’t hear from us, don’t worry, we’re not ignoring you and will reply as soon as we can.

Thanks and stay safe.

Read the rest of the story

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/27/22 10:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens
9/27/22 10:21 p.m.

I had a few potential headlines. That one seemed catchiest. 

David S. Wallens
9/27/22 10:21 p.m.

Hope you'll appreciate the car, too. Seemed appropriate. 

David S. Wallens
9/27/22 10:23 p.m.
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/27/22 10:32 p.m.

I'm expecting all the moderators will be busy filling sand bags and the inmates will be running loose.   

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/22 11:01 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I'm expecting all the moderators will be busy filling sand bags and the inmates will be running loose.   

Not all of us live in Florida (any more lol)!

David S. Wallens
9/27/22 11:07 p.m.

Plus we know that everyone here will behave. smiley

Gettingoldercarguy
Gettingoldercarguy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/27/22 11:11 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/22 11:45 p.m.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/27/22 11:53 p.m.

All the best to your entire team and families as you prepare to face the storm!

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/28/22 6:05 a.m.

Y'all are probably getting worse rain up there than I am down here.  I'm just glad the crap the builder left behind in the lot next door is all under water right now.  Now to just worry about the Porta potty they left behind as well...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/28/22 7:45 a.m.

... and I thought JG was the comedian.  Hang tough folks, fill in the blanks when you can.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/22 7:52 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Plus we know that everyone here will behave. smiley

Why did you look at me when you said that?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/28/22 8:13 a.m.
914Driver said:

... and I thought JG was the comedian.  Hang tough folks, fill in the blanks when you can.  

Oh yeah, David is wicked funny. Main downside of working from home now is that I miss the belly laughs I could count on at lunch with JG and David.

Margie

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/22 9:07 a.m.

So by offices I guess you really mean phone lines/email, and also that hurricane selfies outside of the old HQ building are discouraged? cheeky

Another vehicle named Hurricane:

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/28/22 9:32 a.m.
914Driver said:

Yeah pretty much all of my stuff is ripped off from someone else at work when I think they're not going to be in a thread. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/28/22 11:18 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:
914Driver said:

Yeah pretty much all of my stuff is ripped off from someone else at work when I think they're not going to be in a thread. 

Quoted for truth. Though I have used your "or maybe just Wind" every time I've talked about being excited for last night's Earth, Wind & Fire concert (which was amazing, btw). Larceny is how funny people express their approval.

Margie

RadBarchetta
RadBarchetta New Reader
9/28/22 11:28 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:
914Driver said:

Good artists copy. Great artists steal.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/28/22 11:33 a.m.

The phase of hurricane prep where I put five vehicles in a three car garage is complete.smiley 

Gettingoldercarguy
Gettingoldercarguy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/28/22 11:42 a.m.
RadBarchetta said:
JG Pasterjak said:
914Driver said:

Good artists copy. Great artists steal. - Robin Williams

FIFY

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/22 12:07 p.m.
Gettingoldercarguy said:
RadBarchetta said:
JG Pasterjak said:
914Driver said:

FIFY

I was already reminded of a joke which was often told with Robin Williams as the subject:

A comedy club has a light hidden under the edge of the stage so that only the performer can see it. There are only two reasons it may be turned on. Reason 1: [insert notorious joke thief here] is in the club, so don't use your best material. Reason 2: A talent scout is in the club, so use your best material laugh

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/22 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I see you have taken the master's course in spacial relations. 

Well done. 

I was lucky to get a Bentley in my shop last weekend, everything else will have to fend for themselves if we get any major wind. 

We will probably be closed Friday other than for emergency calls unless things change. They are talking 45-50 mph sustained and 70 mph gusts here. There is no good reason to be out on the roads in that. 

RadBarchetta
RadBarchetta New Reader
9/28/22 2:31 p.m.
Gettingoldercarguy said:
RadBarchetta said:
JG Pasterjak said:
914Driver said:

FIFY

Actually Steve Jobs, by way of Williams, by way of Faulker, Kurtz, and Stravinsky, which makes that "quote" all that much more ironic.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/28/22 3:25 p.m.
1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sdlxLqEAT2uMsMv6AWVJtI7kgeUdr4mcZkOPOZM0NgEKkHNUQxrOeZUxp1mFRIVg