1 2
hunter47
hunter47 New Reader
5/2/21 12:57 p.m.

I've been looking at Honda Fits for a track rat, and this just makes me want one more! 

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/2/21 2:51 p.m.

I bought my ticket a few days ago for Sundae Cup at Mid Ohio Aug 6-7-8 along with 8in wheels and the spec tires... can't wait!

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/30/21 1:20 p.m.

Just shy of a year later and this article is more relevant than ever!

We had great Participation across the whole season in 2021 and 2022 looks to be even bigger!

Here's a couple photos from Mid Ohio back in August.

Shawnkey
Shawnkey New Reader
11/30/21 1:58 p.m.

This article has inspired me in o start searching for a series and to become a subscriber!

spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

Just shy of a year later and this article is more relevant than ever!

We had great Participation across the whole season in 2021 and 2022 looks to be even bigger!

Here's a couple photos from Mid Ohio back in August.

One of my fave's from Road America:

While it's still mostly fits, there's some new stuff as well. I believe we have a couple mini's and a new 2 joining us for 2022. The One Lap SC crew is 2 fits, a 2, my rio and a civic. Possibly a mini.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/30/21 3:15 p.m.
bob-"too many dang korean eurasian linx"-zilla said:

I believe we have a couple mini's and a new 2 joining us for 2022. The One Lap SC crew is 2 fits, a 2, my rio and a civic. Possibly a mini.

I think you mis-spelled "MDX" there   wink

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

I mean, isn't the MDX just a fancified Pilot, which is an SUV'd Odyssey which was a fancy accord? pretty much the same thing.

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/6/21 6:34 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

Come on man, can't even share the photo with the smashed Tot on the trailer? cheeky

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/7/21 10:08 a.m.

In reply to flatlander937 :

ha! I didn't have that one handy..

but i found it!

Edit: Found BOTH

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/9/22 10:48 p.m.

so, I got back Sunday night from going out and helping a couple of teams/cars at GridLife's Mid-Ohio event.  I've been balancing a few too many balls on my nose of late, so I haven't made any progress on my 7thLevel Sundae EM2 car... might end up switching up plans for that car, we'll see.

But, I thought I should highlight the fact that SundaeCup has expanded wildly in the last year, since this post was active, with 20 entries at Mid Ohio... nearly enough to fill an entire run group...

also, one of the competitors did some analysis of the fastest lap times, and found that SundaeCup had some of the best parity of any of the classes..

with the expanded ruleset, there's a lot of interesting cars being added to the mix and livening up the field.  I look forward to seeing this class and concept continue to develop.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/10/22 9:20 a.m.

I can say without a doubt this class and group of drivers has helped me become a better track driver. The last 1.5 years of playing chase the rabbit with cars that mine is technicaly faster but the driver is not has been enlightening. 

So glad I made this choice to be a part of it. Even with my oddball, non-fit, portly but sexy Rio it's inexpensive with consumables and a hoot to drive. 

VIVA LA SUNDAE CUP!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/22 9:35 a.m.

Some how I missed this thread when it first came out. 

I thought that this photo was really cool!!!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/22 10:06 a.m.

This was from NCM this year (I think the Celica was a ClubTR car?)

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
8/10/22 12:04 p.m.

This is glorious. This might be my vector back in to racing when I'm done with school next Summer. Thanks for the article.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/10/22 2:45 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

The celica was the 90hp non-ST version and Sundae Cup legal.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vFSpTWPciGVox7D3EDi6M05ZBhpOOsJQKclCSHvgB9sshI3SB7vrsr24nhCggFTk