1 2
carguy123
carguy123 Reader
7/2/08 1:09 p.m.
Gearhead_42 wrote:
carguy123 wrote: And then there the quality of the Suzuki vs the quality of the Fit
Add perceived to your quote and I'll buy it... And find me a Fit that looks like the autocross picture off the showroom floor...

I've owned Suzuki's and it's more than "perceived" meaning "internet lore". It's what I have perceived first hand. The Suzuki wasn't horrible, but the fit and finish have been no where near as tight nor as lasting as have my Hondas.

As far as finding a Fit like the autocross picture straight off the showroom floor, you are more likely to find that than the rallye pic of the Suzuki. I like the Suzuki pictured, it's just that apparently you can't get those bits here. I've never tried, but since no one has 'em on the streets that I've seen I'm guessing they are hard to come by or else very pricey. The car in the pic I'd buy in a heart beat!!

EricM
EricM Reader
7/3/08 11:24 a.m.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=b3dc858c191891d761d4a7069e283763

But you probably already knew that. I would get a AWD SX4 in a second, well once the price drops below $10K.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/3/08 11:29 a.m.

i think the Sx4 sport sedan isn't a bad looking car. wonder how she handles?

Skobie
Skobie New Reader
7/5/08 10:05 a.m.
ignorant wrote: i think the Sx4 sport sedan isn't a bad looking car. wonder how she handles?

I drove the sedan. I liked the grip of the AWD (offered in the crossover only). YMMV.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
7/5/08 3:27 p.m.

I like the SX4, but saw them on a dealer lot last week and they were priced just a few shades higher than they were promised before release. Then again, what else is new. I like the Fit, too, though. Hard to choose between the two, they're really different types of cars, and the SX4 is actually kind of large up close. When I first saw the Suzuki at the Chicago Auto Show in 06, it was mny second favorite car in the whole show, next to the Volvo C30.The AWD could come in handy, too.

minimac
minimac Dork
7/5/08 6:36 p.m.

Drove an SX4 all wheel Thursday. I liked it. I think it would be a daily driver I could live with. The Fit would probably hold more of its value, and the fit & finish may be better, but to me, it's ugly. Once Suzuki can build a reputation, the cars may sell better. Look how long it took Hyundai to overcome its' chintzy rep. BTW, if anyone has an Excel in good shape, let me know.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
7/6/08 12:29 a.m.

Would you mod either? The Fit would be better if you were to compete locally in autox, or drove 80 miles each way to work. For anything else, I'd rather have the Suzuki... it helps that I'm sick to death of Hondas.:)

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
7/11/08 9:13 p.m.

I agree with the comments about (good) Suzuki quality. I bought a new Sidekick Sport back in 1997 and drove it for 160K until two years ago and it never suffered a serious problem. Very well built and reliable. In fact, I just bought another one with 85K on it for carrying bikes, kayaks camping gear down dirt roads in state parks.

I just thought the Fit was a more useful and fun to drive car than the SX4 and it also got a lot better gas mileage too. The wheels in the above pictures look like the Honda Factory Performance wheels available as dealer installed accessories.

griffin729
griffin729 None
7/17/08 10:35 p.m.

I was looking to get a new car last year at this time. Looked at both SX4 and Fit. They're both good cars. I like the looks of the SX4 and everything else on the Fit. I found an '01 Impreza RS for $9500 so saved myself five grand and got a fun car just no new warranty.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/17/08 11:49 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: yea, Toyota really screwed the pooch with the new XB. Take a great car that has a tremendous following.. and make it bigger, slower, and uglier.. perfect recipe for destroying a car

Yep, it was really ponderous. In trying to "Americanize" it, the ruined everything that was great about it.

Nissan is supposedly filling that void w/ the Cube, though: http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/02/01/nissan-confirms-37-mpg-hybrid-scion-look-a-like-cube-is-com/

For the OP--Fit, hands down. Honda dead-nuts reliability, nice mileage, killer resale, and so many positive reviews I can't even count them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WaMd1RCca2ep0zMIlL9Vh5FE4sObPQK5ty3Subi6DBrmt605beyr1uTAhjvNSHOz