Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
5/24/11 9:52 a.m.

Unlike drag racing or the NASCAR Sprint Cup, our corner of the enthusiast world doesn’t come to a stop at the first drop of rain. We keep right on trucking, usually until we see a Wicked Witch and a flying monkey or two.

Rain can catch us off guard, but we can’t use a few puddles as an excuse for …

Read the rest of the story

Siggy
Siggy None
6/18/11 11:39 a.m.

Interesting comparisons and some good insights. I currently run the Conti DWS 215R45-17's on my 06 MX5 and am impressed with their performance for an all season tire. The only complain I have is cornering is not as solid and does require some steering and throttle attention similar to the Toyo Proxes. For the number of days I have to deal with snow I probably would have been more satisfied with the Conitinental DWs.....next time. thanks.

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
7/28/11 6:52 p.m.

Perhaps someday GRMS would consider throwing a set or two of directional summer tires on backwards and publishing the results wet and dry. I do that in the dry months to even out wear and would like to know just how bad of an idea it is. Or maybe its not a bad idea at all? I do know it allows me to wear a set of tires evenly for cheap. I bet the Conties would not care much at all, the others certainly would in the wet, but how much?

Thanks-

everlight1
everlight1
11/30/11 12:10 p.m.

Perhaps someday GRMS would consider throwing a set or two of directional summer tires on backwards and publishing the results wet and dry. I do that in the dry months to even out wear and would like to know just how bad of an idea it is. Or maybe its not a bad idea at all?

jhonykhan
jhonykhan
12/9/11 3:31 a.m.

Interesting comparisons and some good insights. I currently run the Conti DWS 215R45-17’s on my 06 MX5 and am impressed with their performance for an all season tire. The only complain I have is cornering is not as solid and does require some steering and throttle attention similar to the Toyo Proxes. For the number of days I have to deal with snow I probably would have been more satisfied with the Conitinental DWs…..next time. thanks..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DZjVwoU5ETTFfyLQBEjG8cr2SbJOqwOiTaUAYw5z9TkxYUiAOsB45tN7dtXebwL5