1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/20/22 1:58 a.m.

Just your average grocery getters... an Acura MDX and a BMW suv.

Piguin
Piguin New Reader
10/20/22 4:30 a.m.

I would LOVE to see pictures of the baby seat in that...

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/22 6:47 a.m.

Guy doesn't look too happy to be there. Probably because he had to drive the crappy car. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/20/22 7:03 a.m.

A nice car nearly destroyed with bad taste.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/22 7:19 a.m.

Casually driving a couple million dollary-doo's. 
Thats not a"base" model either right? 

id probably have the same face as i would be so scared of damaging it or getting hit. 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
10/20/22 7:20 a.m.
Slippery said:

Guy doesn't look too happy to be there. Probably because he had to drive the crappy car. 

Ha. Exactly.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/20/22 7:52 a.m.

Nice neighborhood.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/20/22 9:02 a.m.

When I opened it I thought maybe you spotted me again picking up sick kids from daycare... but minivan is life at this point. 

He is definitely upset because he wasn't supposed to have to get the kid today. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/20/22 9:06 a.m.
A 401 CJ said:

A nice car nearly destroyed with bad taste.

In person, the gaudiness is awesome. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/20/22 9:09 a.m.

Fiero with a body kit? (That was for JG's amusement.)

Seriously, though, always gotta give props for someone doing the daily grind in something special. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/20/22 9:15 a.m.

Retired sports-ball player?  

If I could afford to buy a new Bugatti, then I could afford to not worry about using it to drive the kid to kindergarten. 

11110000 Reader
10/20/22 9:39 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I agree.  It could be much worse.  This almost has a John Player Special vibe to it.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
10/20/22 9:42 a.m.
Slippery said:

He's taking in the kid because his wife fired the au'pair (third one this year) after finding her and him in the downstairs kitchen walk-in pantry playing "hide the free-range non-GMO locally sourced grain fed kielbasa"...again. He already listed the car in the Robb Report because his lawyer Monty "Three Fingers" Fontaine has to be paid up front for divorce cases, and this will be a nasty one. This is the last day he gets to drive the car before the consignment shop picks it up so he better not scratch it.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/20/22 9:49 a.m.

The most cringe thing about this:

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
10/20/22 10:02 a.m.
Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
10/20/22 10:07 a.m.

Man, there's gonna be some expensive Cheerios in those seats.

I'd make sure to give the kid a big peanut butter and jelly sandwich first before pick-up, you know the kind where the kid wants to take it home to finish it.  Sticky finger prints on everything.

Or stomping in mud puddles on the way to the car, because kids are kids.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/22 10:09 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

I was OK with the exterior. Gold wheels and trim? OK. 

The interior is hideous. 

The dude is pissed because he farted and stained the white seats or his kid dropped his sippy cup of grape juice. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/22 10:13 a.m.

On the one hand, good for him using a Bugatti for daily duty. On the other, if you can afford a Bugatti, you can afford much better schools than the average worker, and should be using them. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/22 10:32 a.m.

He could just be irritated that he had to drive that for daily duties, and now people know he has $$$$.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
10/20/22 11:04 a.m.

Having never seen a Bugatti in person, I think the fact that this guy drives to daily errands in it is super awesome. Say what you want about rich people and needless spending, but I know when I see a super rare car out on the streets it makes my day better :)

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/22 11:12 a.m.

Maybe he looks like that cause its the morning and kids can be a PITA on some mornings. I like what's done to the car, though. $3.2mil sheeesh. If I could afford that car I would take my kids to school in it too. Simply because it would put a huge smile on both of our face.

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
10/20/22 11:14 a.m.

Whew won't touch on most of the comments here.

He's probably pissed that he had to drive the Bugatti to pick up his kid instead of something more lowkey like a G Wagon and is now getting more attention than he wanted. I dig the plate.

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
10/20/22 11:20 a.m.

Maybe he's just irritated that he cant even pick up his kid at school without some rando going paparazzi on him. Maybe he's not unhappy at all and the camera caught him at an awkward moment. Maybe that's his happy face.

I'm just glad to see it getting used for more than cars/coffee hard parking and making bro-ey YouTube/TikTok videos.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/22 11:41 a.m.

And I thought people got nuts about me using the Skyline as a grocery getter. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/20/22 12:03 p.m.

I love this just for the fact dude has driven it more than some people ever will drive one. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
po5vFsBzqvryCRvMRyxWuJpxFhz4FhcEE93gFxjy3Lj2dcq1hJtWe36k8ldpcBhi