NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/3/19 7:22 a.m.

Went to the local junkyard in Marcy, NY on Saturday because it was a nice day. I'm always on the lookout for Miatas to strip and stash away the parts. Imagine my surprise when I found not one, not two, but THREE Peugeot 505s. Including the 5-speed manual transmission wagon with some groovy side stripes

The grey sedan was an automatic, while the white/primer sedan was also a manual. They all seemed pretty complete and intact, with just a lot of surface rust on engine and suspension parts from sitting. There was also an E28 near them that someone had pried all of the BMW roundels off and replaced with Peugeot badging. I mean, this has to account for 50% of all 505s sold in the state of New York.

There was also 3 Fiat 124s, all in particularly heinous condition

Near as I can tell, some "collector" died and his horde got auctioned off. Oh, and there was no Miatas to salvage.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/3/19 7:26 a.m.
NickD said:

Near as I can tell, some "collector" died and his horde got auctioned off. Oh, and there was no Miatas to salvage.

That was my first thought as well, although with less "auction" and more "come get these POS cars out of the yard, please."

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/3/19 7:29 a.m.
Ian F said:
NickD said:

That was my first thought as well, although with less "auction" and more "come get these POS cars out of the yard, please."

I don't know why I put auction. That's strange that I wrote that.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
6/3/19 7:40 a.m.
NickD said:
Ian F said:
NickD said:

I don't know why I put auction. That's strange that I wrote that.

Maybe because of the collector who has a cluster of Peugeots up for auction soon?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/19 7:44 a.m.

I like how the 124s are just nonchalantly placed between an Accord and a Nissan Altima(?).

Like, "Meh, they're all imports. Just throw them all together."

I don't think I've ever seen a single 505 in the flesh anywhere.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/19 7:48 a.m.
Ian F said:
NickD said:

I just realized y'all could be talking about me. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
6/3/19 8:13 a.m.
stanger_missle said:

I like how the 124s are just nonchalantly placed between an Accord and a Nissan Altima(?).

U-pull yards cycle through their vehicles by the dates that they come in.

Or do you really think they have a Fiat section?

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
6/3/19 8:24 a.m.

Reminds me of the time I found 3 Maserati Biturbos side by side in the yard.  Nearly blew my mind!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/3/19 10:00 a.m.
Stampie said:
Ian F said:
NickD said:

I just realized y'all could be talking about me. 

Or me... 

theshiftpattern
theshiftpattern
6/3/19 10:40 a.m.

Could you share the name of that junkyard? I recently acquired a 505 and I'm going to be passing through near Marcy in less than two weeks.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/19 11:04 a.m.

I took my 11 year old son to a PnP Saturday after Cars & Coffee,  It was his first time in a yard and he had a blast, "you mean we can get in any of the cars", but alas there wa nothing as cool as what you found.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/3/19 12:00 p.m.
theshiftpattern said:

Could you share the name of that junkyard? I recently acquired a 505 and I'm going to be passing through near Marcy in less than two weeks.

Vince's U-Pull-It, 8659 Old River Rd, Marcy, NY 13403. What day exactly are you going to be in the area? Always down to meet fello GRM'ers.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
6/3/19 12:16 p.m.

My dad had one of those 505s in a diesel/manual back in the day.  Was an awesome car.  Still one of my all-time faves.

theshiftpattern
theshiftpattern New Reader
6/3/19 12:16 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'll be going through there on June 15. I go that way up to Massachusetts from Kentucky at least a couple times a year to visit family. Recently got my Peugeot and have almost no spare parts for it. I'm definitely down for meeting up.

theshiftpattern
theshiftpattern New Reader
6/15/19 11:34 a.m.
NickD said:
theshiftpattern said:

Vince's U-Pull-It, 8659 Old River Rd, Marcy, NY 13403. What day exactly are you going to be in the area? Always down to meet fello GRM'ers.

Just stopped in on my way to Mass. The three Peugeots have been crushed. What an effing waste.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/15/19 3:23 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

I wanted a 505 so bad when they came out. Probably a good thing I had nether a drivers license nor the money at the time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6YEvLFYafJKN5dcaZqfw7jXMJgwv8y21iwYjQzHjQ1SDkJmpnQYydXSWsKdzv8pN