1 2 3 4
accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
3/15/21 7:31 p.m.

I want to be talked further into getting this ramp van, that's all. 

You guys think it's a FANTASTIC idea, right?? Crate 351 <1000 miles, 6 new tires. I was looking at aluminum trailers and then looked at ramp trucks (AGAIN) and found this thing. I think I could setup a small bed in the back of it.... It's what the owner was going to do, but hasn't been using it much since they got it/replaced the tires/etc. Going to take a look tomorrow. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/21 7:37 p.m.

I don't understand.  Are you asking why you don't have a build thread going yet?

accordionfolder
3/15/21 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

THAT'S THE SPIRIT.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/15/21 7:40 p.m.

I prefer a ramp truck/van. Mostly because I absolutely despise trailers.

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/15/21 7:41 p.m.

Besides rust, nothing should stop you. Okay fine, rust can be dealt with too. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/15/21 7:48 p.m.

Thats a pretty small sleeper cab. Better than sleeping sitting up like at a rest stop but pretty small for race weekend camping. 

However,  I see that the ramp truck has a hitch.  On real weekends,  bring a camper too!

accordionfolder
3/15/21 7:49 p.m.

In reply to WillG80 :

That's my only concern, but I think he current owner was going for a lifetime toy hauler type thing, so seemed to indicate great overall condition.... Fingers crossed....

accordionfolder
3/15/21 7:52 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yeah, it looks a bit narrow, but seems like it might be fine for a smaller suspended cot ...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/15/21 7:52 p.m.

Is that an aftermarket sunroof?  Boy, i hate aftermarket sunroofs.

accordionfolder
3/15/21 7:58 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

JOHN! this is a mistake that needs to happen! With a 70s race car hauler paint job. ;)

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/15/21 8:03 p.m.

If this doesn't end up in your driveway with a build thread with some sweet mural action you may get banned.  

accordionfolder
3/15/21 8:06 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

And you'd be right to do so! The wife has named it Macht Schnelle, but with a snail on the side. 

nocones
3/15/21 8:28 p.m.

Since purchase is guranteed I think it's important that we start to talk about the theme of the mural.  Now I realize you don't have a lot of space so you need to think of relatively compact ideas.

A classic easy choice is wolves howling at the moon.  This can be as easy or as complicated as you'd like.  A simple outline or a full shaded graphical exploration.

A solid second choice would be a classic warrior theme.  But avoid the common Heman, or Conan and go with an early video game character.  This will be retro but also modern.  Rygar the legendary warrior is a classy choice here.  

And finally I offer up the most legendary of themes.  A warrior so great he was marooned when technology admitted that no greater things could ever be created by Flash.    Your Van could be more then just a Van, it could be a Dragon Van.

Glad I could help.  I'm here all day if you need more "help"

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/21 8:35 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Thanks, now I want to wrap the Miata with 3-wolves/1-moon. 

accordionfolder
3/15/21 8:45 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

"To begin, draw an 'S' - For snake...."

This is the fantastic, positive thinking I need to justify buying a really weird van.

nocones
3/15/21 8:58 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

The consummate V's clearly were a reference to a future with your yard containing  this Van.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/15/21 9:14 p.m.

I hate vans because I hate working on vans. That van seems worth the trouble. I like it better than the longer nose ramp trucks. Maybe I need a ramp van. Hmmm.

accordionfolder
3/15/21 9:45 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) :

accordionfolder
3/15/21 10:29 p.m.

Is now a good time to mention that i inherited these two vans and this car recently?

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/15/21 10:33 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

Oooo Econoline! Tell us more

Notice I didn't mention the ramp van first? It's because purchase is guaranteed, this is the way.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/15/21 10:48 p.m.

Awaiting build thread. You do at least have a down payment on it, right?

The last van appears to be a 68 to 72, if I'm not mistaken? the 72 I had was my favorite Ford van so far...

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
3/15/21 10:53 p.m.

I want a ramper van............

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/16/21 5:46 a.m.

In case you missed it, here is some inspiration for your upcoming paint job.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/430626198141248/?ref=share_attachment

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/16/21 7:34 a.m.

I like how all the suggestions for murals seem to imply some kind of choice. Sure, there's a limited amount of sheet metal but that shouldn't limit awesomeness.

Might require smaller than desired thatched roof cottages burning under the wolf moon and a combined superhero/game character face montage on rear window vynil, but so be it. Also no one has mentioned painted Moon disks - why is that?

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/21 8:06 a.m.

I'd buy a tent that fits on the bed and call it a day.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SmDKVtDuQDvZBcRqoijegBKls7ueD5JfMvBqxmsD1hYpgXQqcw942cOB81fLwVD2