1 2
clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
12/2/14 1:29 p.m.

Is it weird that I've worn rented wet and dry suits for scuba diving, but I'm a little leery of a used race suit?

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
12/2/14 1:58 p.m.

Who has bought from raceimage? Are the suits all high end Nomex stuff like they claim? They seem to have an excellent reputation but I'm interested anyone with personal experience. I've worn an inexpensive 3 layer treated fabric suit and just about died of heat stroke. I swore my next suit would be higher quality. Their stuff seems to fit the bill without blowing my budget. Any feedback is welcome.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/14 7:47 a.m.

In reply to tomtomgt356:

That's good news. They have a NASA discount. I bought my Hans and helmet from them. Didn't realize they were at amp

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/14 7:53 a.m.
Wayslow wrote: Who has bought from raceimage? Are the suits all high end Nomex stuff like they claim? They seem to have an excellent reputation but I'm interested anyone with personal experience. I've worn an inexpensive 3 layer treated fabric suit and just about died of heat stroke. I swore my next suit would be higher quality. Their stuff seems to fit the bill without blowing my budget. Any feedback is welcome.

I've bought from them, they sell all kinds of suits but you do get what it says on the webpage.

clutchsmoke wrote: Is it weird that I've worn rented wet and dry suits for scuba diving, but I'm a little leery of a used race suit?

Yes, very

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
12/3/14 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow:

I bought my nomex pants and shirt undergarments from them. They were used and you don't get to pick a brand but mine were Puma, no stains, no loose threads and FIA rated/approved. For $30 you can't beat it.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
12/3/14 10:01 a.m.

I just got a used NASCAR one piece firesuit off Ebay. There are a lot of them. Some are "vintage" which I'd never use to race, but there are a lot of suits from Sprint Cup/Nationwide pit crews that are only a few years old or less and sell for cheap. Yeah, so I'll look like a bit of a dork in all my sponsorship decals, but I'll be safe and not sweating to death like I did in my old black quilt rolled in a comforter.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eD5C0rEIvJY7jYYvpmxLi0CUK7D4GsrSHRDfCaCdx4mf6t4Q3qwCMaT7yQi5kCqT