1 2
familytruckster
familytruckster New Reader
9/5/08 9:21 p.m.

Ford is pretty much done with big RWD cars. Town Car is dead, Vics are dead....

My 89 Vic wagon has 98-02 brakes, suspension, and steering on it now....The 80's cars shared a lot of parts with the stangs of the time. Also the whole panther chassis was a ripoff of GM's B-body (? caprice, chevelle) Pretty great parts availability for the cars if you know where to look.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS New Reader
9/5/08 10:55 p.m.

I'm not a Ford guy.......but I really think right now one of the best values in a used car is a used P71. They have been for a while and they are getting cheaper. RWD, full size, ok gas mileage, and the engine has aftermarket support.

The Hemi Charger squads are sharp-the Magnum was neat but Chrysler killed it dang it.

I bought a 2000 Impala 9C1 for my son the end of May shortly after high school graduation. I drove it 2 weeks when he was out of town this summer. I drove it like I stole it and still pulled 22 mpg in town. That's a 3800 V6 for you GM Haters.

He recently was pulled over by two K-Town officers for not moving over to the far lane when another officer had someone pulled over on the shoulder. They asked to search his car, which he didn't have a problem with. The officers looked the car over to see if he had any lights hooked up (as in red or blue) in the front end, trunk, and rear window. Evidently their have been reports of someone pulling people over in a "fake police car" with full lights here in Knoxville.

Idiots.

Evan_R
Evan_R New Reader
9/5/08 11:26 p.m.

so hmmm...

Where do you suppose this twin-turbo-diesel comes from? Mercedes?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
9/6/08 8:35 a.m.
ea_sport wrote: From what I read once it's out of service it will be returned to this company and never to be sold to the general population. I am not sure how this works financially though since this means that whatever agency is using it will have to forego the residual value of this car.

The plan is to take back the out of service ones, overhaul them, and sell them as "factory refurbished" or some similar thing.

They didn't say where they were getting their diesels, but they did say the engines were from a European supplier. I'm guessing Mercedes too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pcRYYGuUEEJTK7s24Iq6TxGbtJK9x9ARRkI2WM4aTVua4WddoUQLrSsP947G3QAO