1 2 3
CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
1/26/23 7:50 p.m.

Mazda has been pretty clear they want to move upmarket and I think an I6-powered sedan w RWD lines up with that push quite nicely.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/23 8:52 a.m.

Make it small and light and RWD, use an I6 with the same bolt pattern as a 13B-REW, put the engine mounts in the same place as a 4 rotor would end up, and let us live our dreams..

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/27/23 10:01 a.m.
fidelity101 said:
j_tso said:

wasn't there also a rumor of Mazda working with Toyota on a sporty sedan? 

Will people complain if Toyota used a Mazda I6 instead of BMW's?

I think there are some growing partnerships here, the current north/south america yaris is the mazda2 made in mexico, the CX50 is built in a Toyota assembly plant in Alabama... 

Just to be clear the plant in Alabama is a joint venture part owned by both companies not a Toyota plant.

BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/30/23 8:45 p.m.

It's being officially revealed tomorrow, but here are a few uncamouflaged advance photos from https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2024-mazda-cx-90-leak-reveals-its-body-in-great-detail-hours-before-the-official-launch-209476.html

Not a unique-looking vehicle at all, I'm sorry to say.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/30/23 9:03 p.m.

In reply to BoulderG :

Lovely shade of SUV red there too. 

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/31/23 1:46 p.m.

It was revealed today and I gotta say, I love this thing! I can totally see my wife upgrading to the CX70 (which is supposed to be a 2 row CX90) once she's done with her RAV4. The engine, the transmission, the upscale interior are a nice solid upgrade, assuming everything pans out.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bPOZZCChaNiD7nNLeKKdA6XpDX3rm8hsjrLiz8NxmJtCpgiW9HfrGAjqM9qXPN8X