1 2 3 4
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
5/28/19 8:50 p.m.

Lets not forget that manufacturers/dealers would charge an exorbitant amount of money for options like this as well. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/28/19 9:41 p.m.

https://youtu.be/_b40uYYDrRs

I was pleasantly surprised when the Datsun in this video turned out to be built for actual cross country rally adventures.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
5/29/19 1:44 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

https://youtu.be/_b40uYYDrRs

I was pleasantly surprised when the Datsun in this video turned out to be built for actual cross country rally adventures.

If he's planning to actually drive long distances, I hope he's not planning to do it on those gravel rally tires. I can tell you from experience that they don't last long on the road. We pretty much destroyed our rears (corded the entire inside edges) just during a few hundred miles of transits at NEFR last year.....they do not take kindly to muchcamber on the street for long/hot distances. 

That said, other than when he points them out, the rest of the vid shows the car on regular all-seasons, it looks like. So maybe the gravels are just for extra-gnarly areas. 

Greg Healy's 240 (or is it a 260?) Z ran 50+ rallies with SCCA/RA/ARA/NRS over the years (or more or less, I don't specifically recall). He just recently retired it from stage rally due to needing several cage updates to stay current, but the new owner is doing rallysprints and hillclimbs with it now. Car is gorgeous in person and I'm not sure if Greg ever actually hit anything with it, lol. He's that good.

Image may contain: car, outdoor and text

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/19 3:41 p.m.

In reply to irish44j :

Heh... I forgot what tires Bill (wae​​​​) had on his Neon, but they took me from Omaha to Cleveland with negligible wear to the tires.  (Eardrums/cerebral cortex is another story!)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I30DAB2PCqv737YR6GfRcK4suE7Udd3jiEZbbakKO9aKiT5G8dUouHWbRzmaJOWQ