mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/16 5:08 p.m.

Yesterday coming home from my fathers, I made a hard left turn without touching the brakes and the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. I shut my disco of and restarted and they went away. Later that night I had the same thing happen making a hard left into a 7-11. Same thing, shut off and restart, lights are gone.

Today pulling into work, make a hard left, ABS, Traction Control, Hill Descent, and the brake lights come and stay. At no time was I actually touching the brakes when making these turns, so I am think I have a bad ABS sensor or a bad wire to an ABS sensor.

Anybody have any other better ideas?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/27/16 5:21 p.m.

Could it be a bad wheel bearing? (Might cause tone ring to move causing bad reading on abs sensor.)

jjreyn
jjreyn New Reader
12/27/16 6:37 p.m.

Speed sensor (may be same as ABS sensor here)? My Ridgeline did that out of the blue and not during a turn. It was due to the speed sensor in right rear. Subsequent repair exposed a secondary cause - mouse chewed thru wires.....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/27/16 6:41 p.m.

Maybe you should try making a few hard rights?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
12/27/16 6:56 p.m.

Speed sensor wiring rubbing or being stretched on hard turns?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/27/16 7:06 p.m.

Sounds more like the 4 Horsemen.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/27/16 7:40 p.m.

Hat trick

84FSP
84FSP Dork
12/27/16 7:49 p.m.

So it's a Disco with no love for NASCAR...

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
12/27/16 8:12 p.m.

Most common Tres Amigos cause is ABS solenoids/internal wiring. $2k buy in last I checked. Good luck.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
12/27/16 8:16 p.m.

Where is that ignore thread? If it feels right...

mad_machine
12/28/16 12:31 p.m.

well, looking it up in multiple rover sites, the Brake light being on also is the tell tale. Everything points to the speed sensors in one of the front wheels. Thankfully those are the cheapest things to replace

Mister Fister
Mister Fister Reader
12/29/16 9:23 a.m.

common problem with discos and P38s - check the forums.

usually a speed sensor/abs sensor.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
12/29/16 10:00 a.m.

Low brake fluid?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
12/29/16 11:15 a.m.

Low brake fluid would turn on the "Brake" light on, but not the ABS/ Trac light.

mad_machine
12/29/16 11:39 a.m.
Mister Fister wrote: common problem with discos and P38s - check the forums. usually a speed sensor/abs sensor.

Already ordered. The new ones do not come with the connector inside the engine compartment. Rover realized it was a weak spot and the new ones come with about 8 feet of cable. You are supposed to run the wire up into the cabin and as close to the computer as you can get and splice it in there.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wmYG0RaajO6ERWwHzQBRuCiREUYDfjTjPdZdt077uK1M8piRkStf62IP48vs33fR