1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 219
Will
Will UberDork
5/24/23 7:11 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Pretty sure that generation stepside had fiberglass bed sides. I assume that's why the Lightning got that bed instead of the steel styleside bed. Once upon a time I knew the weight difference, but I've forgotten.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/23 6:54 p.m.

Not rare vehicles, by any means, but rare usage in this area.

The Police Pickups are out, and that means the horses are on patrol! This was taken not far from the Greenway system we have in Raleigh. I'm left to wonder if they're trying to enforce that 10 MPH speed limit for bicycles.

It's worthy to note that the Raleigh PD has an unmarked white pickup with ladder racks on it they use for stakeouts and such. I've seen it involved in a speed trap before though. It seems unfair.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
5/26/23 4:20 p.m.

Toyota land cruiser,  customer car. Diesel,  stick, 4x4, factory lockers. UNICORN 

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
5/26/23 4:26 p.m.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/26/23 7:39 p.m.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
5/26/23 8:43 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

The Police Pickups are out, and that means the horses are on patrol! This was taken not far from the Greenway system we have in Raleigh. I'm left to wonder if they're trying to enforce that 10 MPH speed limit for bicycles.

It's worthy to note that the Raleigh PD has an unmarked white pickup with ladder racks on it they use for stakeouts and such. I've seen it involved in a speed trap before though. It seems unfair.

My aunt and uncle from Hawai'i just visited and they were telling me there are no specific cop cars where they live. Cops get a car allowance and use their personal cars from a list of approved vehicles. They all are essentially unmarked cars and they have temporary lights stored inside. And they have just approved pickup trucks.

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
5/27/23 2:07 p.m.

EU plated Mercedes based class A

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/27/23 6:41 p.m.

Lawd Jesus. Home Depot in Atlanta. Reeked of leaded fuel. Beautiful.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/27/23 7:00 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Wow, that's super nice. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
5/27/23 7:14 p.m.

Right out of Bullitt...

jerrysarcastic (dork in training)
jerrysarcastic (dork in training) Reader
6/2/23 12:06 a.m.

This early Corolla wagon ('76 I think) is one I've seen on my regular commute, but I finally got around to grabbing a pic. The 80's spec Supra rims and driving lights give it a purposeful look for sure. I'm digging it! 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/23 1:08 a.m.
Rodan said:

Right out of Bullitt...

I would say that it is rare for a '69 to NOT be painted orange, but it should be noted that the General Lee started as a black car before they painted it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/2/23 1:14 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

And, oddly, the Charger in Bullitt didn’t start out black . 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/2/23 6:40 a.m.

What is this? A miata kit car? Im sure its something cheap. 

JG or David, this was on 95 just north of daytona. Know of this speedster? Its a new one to Tim. 

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
6/2/23 7:05 a.m.

With 95% certainty it's a VW Beetle

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/2/23 7:06 a.m.

And a casual minty GTS driven by a older couple. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/23 8:16 a.m.

I passed a Chevette a couple of days ago in the mountains of NC. No time for a picture. I would have been surprised to see one in a junkyard. This one was actually running and driving.  

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/23 8:35 a.m.
GCrites80s said:
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

My aunt and uncle from Hawai'i just visited and they were telling me there are no specific cop cars where they live. Cops get a car allowance and use their personal cars from a list of approved vehicles. They all are essentially unmarked cars and they have temporary lights stored inside. And they have just approved pickup trucks.

Yeah, for the most part that is the case, though I think there are a few marked cars. I grew up in Hawaii and my friend that lived in our neighborhood his Dad was a cop. He always had the coolest cars because he would get new ones every few years as it was used as his cruiser. They would just strap a light package to the top of it. In the 80s they all drove g-body cars and that was about it, but then later on they started allowing them wider latitude in what they drove.

I remember he had...

1986 Monte Carlo SS in white

1987 Buick Grand National

1988 Oldsmobile 442

1992 Chevy Camaro Z28 heritage edition in white

1997 Chevy Camaro SS heritage edition in white

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
6/2/23 4:38 p.m.

Meanwhile in Atlanta...

I dont ever see these .

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/2/23 8:19 p.m.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
6/2/23 9:33 p.m.

Cool bumper sticker.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/2/23 10:11 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

That was the icing on the cake for sure. Wife and I got a chuckle. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/5/23 7:26 p.m.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/6/23 10:33 a.m.

A red del Sol, four headlights, stock wheels, rear wing. Didn’t get close enough to see if it had the sticker, but signs pointed towards a stock VTEC. 

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
6/6/23 4:21 p.m.

Nice barracuda... Jasper Ga Homedepot..

1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kS3qR6tftI0ThTCbysgxEOnKM5ekIGY9cxwhO4rFm8eXMUymyNPQ2nlZOI4iSUhD