1 2
Brian
Brian UltraDork
12/19/17 11:35 a.m.

I've seen tons of odd cars as of late, then again I'm 1000s of miles away in the middle east currently.

Snrub
Snrub Reader
12/19/17 4:52 p.m.

I'm from Soviet Canuckistan and someone living on a cul de sack off of my street has one of those small Lada SUV thingies.  I suppose you could now say they were 35 years ahead of their time?  That's the only one I can recall seeing on the road.  For years there was one at a local autowrecker.  Why I can't say.  :)

KiwiLada
KiwiLada GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/20/17 1:17 a.m.

I've had my 89 Lada 2104 (1500 wagon) for nearly 3 years now and love it.

What surprised me was with new shocks and a couple of extra swaybars, it has turned onto a very competent and forgiving drive. I give it grief on a regular basics and it never puts a wheel wrong.

If anyone is thinking of buying one, when sorted they are quite a fun and engaging car to drive. Quite under powered, but there are cures for that.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/20/17 2:53 a.m.

Also related:  $2500 Trabant in Baltimore

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-trabantdoor-sedan/6384301597.html

For $250 I bought this in Hungary (and gave it away).  I drove 3 hours on ice, on bald tires to get it.  I stopped to pee once, and couldnt get moving again (the tires just spun), so my buddy had to get out of his car and push to get the momentum going laugh

ah memories wink

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/20/17 3:03 a.m.

Fiat Polski $6500

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-fiat-126-unique/6415897342.html

I think I'm getting the hang of this.  You just take what the car costs in eastern Europe and add a zero cheeky

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/20/17 7:40 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill :

That yellow Polski! I usually don't pick the plastic bumpered version over nice svelt chrome bumpers but that extra black bits make it look perfectly '80s!

Also, one of the Top Gear Episode where they came to the states, they mentioned how expensive crappy used cars are here.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a6wR9d2LWBcifRlmoAjaQZIo16gIREN3bIHuuOh1v7cpWn5eBH1Q1hhgA9gFMJDB