Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/5/21 1:12 p.m.

Might be a pointless question, but anyone have an idea where the wiring would be for the fog lights?

2014 BRZ Limited with factory fogs but the bulbs and mounts were removed by former owner. Same with DRLs, car has rallycross history.

I'm trying to connect an LED light bar to the factory switch on the stalk, thought this might be the wiring for both fogs and DRLs. But car running, all lights switched on, and connect both pairs to the bar and nothing. Ran the bar to the battery and it works so that's something at least.

These had small plugs connected to nothing so I figured it was safe to cut and try. Fuses are good too. I can't find any other wires at all down in that general area.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/21 1:14 p.m.

From memory, the connectors are behind the bumper, not far from the connectors for the side marker lights. Unfortunately I still don't have my car back so I can't check right now, sorry.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/5/21 3:13 p.m.

Turn on the switch and use a test light? Have you asked on the forum yet? 

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/6/21 7:59 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I'll make an account and try tonight.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/6/21 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

There is a ton of good information there for the twins. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/21 10:25 a.m.

Watching this thread because it would be good to know...mine didn't come with foglights however so the wiring may not be present (don't remember seeing any foglight switch inside) and I will probably use those openings for air inlets.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/6/21 12:37 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I thought about trying to go back to stock, but the box of parts I got looks like some things are missing.  Figured they made good air inlets as-is.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YvtesRZRvbOMmyhCVwkvQZwDYEOYTLloyKwgfpcgu24kVdfmh3pgbhv6hiaD2a8i