1 ... 7 8 9 10
Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
7/5/14 2:51 p.m.

Well hitempguy maybe we'll cross paths one day when I'm riding my BMW and you can tell me how you feel about it. That one I'd actually enjoy.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/5/14 3:31 p.m.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/5/14 4:54 p.m.

Naw, man. It's just getting good.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the sound of loud engines. I love an uncorked big thumper at 10k RPM, the R26B in the 787 makes one of my favorite noises of all time. I love loud sport bikes. I love the sound of a barely muffled V8. I even sometimes like loud Harleys.

BUT DAMMIT, ALL THAT NOISE HAS ITS PLACE AND THE STREET AIN'T IT!!!! If you gotta swing your goober (figuratively speaking) by making a lot of noise DON'T DO IT ON MY STREET. Grow a pair of nards and go racin' where it's EXPECTED.

Till then the loud pipes crowd are no different than flagpole sitters and goldfish swallowers: attention whores. Grow UP, dammit.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/5/14 5:49 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

People can judge me all they like, it doesn't change who I am. My family are the only people who's opinion of me matters one little bit in this world, everyone else can kiss my ass.

If you're getting offended by the stereotype, you must identify with it somehow.

I drove Trans-Ams for years but I never got offended by the stereotype because I don't have a mullet and I don't lock my dates in the trunk of my car.

I someone wants to think that, let them. If it doesn't apply to you, why get all worked up about it.

I ride with some guys who ride Harleys, they're not the douchenozzle, sons-of-anarchy wannabe douchebags and they don't mind some good natured ribbing. They even bitch about the "lifestyle" guys making everyone else look like idiots.

Want to change the way people think? Don't live up to the hype.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
7/5/14 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

Lol I couldn't possibly identify with every stereotype my vehicles represent to people. There's just no way, but after years and years of hearing this garbage it does get old.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/5/14 6:01 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: As soon as it's moving, it's the most comfortable and pleasant bike I've ever ridden. I certainly never expected to find myself on a harley, but it love this bike.

This is exactly why fox owns this bike. I remember the rest of us ribbing you when you bought it.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
7/5/14 6:08 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Naw, man. It's just getting good. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the sound of loud engines. I love an uncorked big thumper at 10k RPM, the R26B in the 787 makes one of my favorite noises of all time. I love loud sport bikes. I love the sound of a barely muffled V8. I even sometimes like loud Harleys. BUT DAMMIT, ALL THAT NOISE HAS ITS PLACE AND THE STREET AIN'T IT!!!! If you gotta swing your goober (figuratively speaking) by making a lot of noise DON'T DO IT ON MY STREET. Grow a pair of nards and go racin' where it's EXPECTED. Till then the loud pipes crowd are no different than flagpole sitters and goldfish swallowers: attention whores. Grow UP, dammit.

Well put. Case closed.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
7/5/14 6:22 p.m.

Holy CRAP, havn't the lot of you gotten your "Get off my lawn" rant out of your systems yet?

Can we PLEASE get this thread shut? It's just a long rally of "no it isn't", "yes it is" at this point...

(Edit) AND, it's in the wrong sub-forum to boot!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/5/14 6:32 p.m.

Start posting pics of boobs. That seems to work.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
7/5/14 7:43 p.m.

A Harley passed me today at about 55 mph. I didn't know they could be so quiet, could have been a Honda tourer.

A little later a new VW Bug with a huge Harley decal in the back window passed me. Truly different strokes.

No fuel to the fire, just observations, and they made me chuckle.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
7/5/14 8:08 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
foxtrapper wrote: As soon as it's moving, it's the most comfortable and pleasant bike I've ever ridden. I certainly never expected to find myself on a harley, but it love this bike.
This is exactly why fox owns this bike. I remember the rest of us ribbing you when you bought it.

Laughing, I remember it well! It's been what, well over a year, and I still can't believe I own and ride one. Cousin of mine just found out, made for a whole new round of ribbing.

Got to make a correction on my paint shaker comments regarding my rk. I replaced the front motor mount and the muffler bushings, greatly reducing how much the motor moves around, and how much it vibrates me. While I used to shut it down at light sometimes, I haven't had to do that for quite a while now. I just hadn't been paying attention.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
7/5/14 8:27 p.m.

Is it irony when you post in a thread that you want the thread to stop?

I think one thing is getting misconstrued here: if you're the guy making people nuts with your childish need to be noticed with your open pipes and ThunderDome ensemble then you ARE some serious kind of douche. If you ride a Harley or anything else and respect other people by keeping the noise to respectable levels THEN WE ARE NOT REFERRING TO YOU.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/5/14 8:28 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Why did you even come in here?

plance1
plance1 Dork
7/5/14 8:58 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
Cotton wrote: That doesn't make it right.
Doesn't make what right? I (and everyone else) is entitled to their own opinion. If my opinion is that all BMW owners are giant bags of douche, then that is my prerogative. This is the internet. Man up and deal with the fact that people may not have the same opinion as you. And no matter what, loud ANYTHING (cars or trucks) that go beyond sounding nice at WOT but are just hard on the ears are berkeleying stupid. But Harley's are by FAR the worst offenders, for whatever reason.
plance1 wrote: well, let me help you a bit more. Harley's are stupid and slow, being loud does not make your bike a performance machine. I can't help it if you aren't able to tune your bikes to idle properly lol...seriously guy, you can't come on a harley rant thread and defend these crappy bikes. I have a KLR650, it only has a single cylinder and I don't have to blip the throttle to check the time or my mirrors. My 66 Honda 305 superhawk had twin cylinders just like those duma$$ harleys out there and I could have run rings around any harley out there. Now just for posting your nonsense I have decided to kick over the next 5 harley davidson's I see parked in front of the nearest white trash poser bar I can find. Since I don't circulate in those areas, I may have trouble finding one but rest assured when I do find one I will yell out "Cotton!!!!!" and then do my best Bruce Lee (was he japanese???) impersonation. I will then stand there and watch as members of the girl scout troop that rides these bikes stumble out of the bar with their a$$less chaps to fight me. But, AH HA! I will already have my Kawasaki ready to go (this means, sitting there idling waiting for me, yes my bike can idle) so I can jump on it and make a quick get-a-way.
I am quoting this for posterity. Am I the only one who thinks this was more written in jest than in the serious business tone you all think? I believe this was humor, and it is hilarious lol!

finally, someone gets it! Oh HiTempGuy, you complete me.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/5/14 10:41 p.m.

Get a room, you two.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/5/14 11:02 p.m.

Awful quiet in here....

Cool_Hand_Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke Reader
7/5/14 11:28 p.m.

Make cafe racers, not hate ya'll

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
7/6/14 12:33 p.m.

I agree take that loud noise to the track. My other complaint is how they (some motorcyclists) fly around aggressively in packs and drive like idiots.

Unfortunately my hometown as become a big welcoming having the third largest bike event week to Daytona and sturgis, which brings more crime, drugs, & biker gangs. When I worked downtown I would able to see them all past out drunk throwing up morning. Thanks for making my city a scum hole.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
7/6/14 12:53 p.m.
trigun7469 wrote: I agree take that loud noise to the track.

Sorry but I need every advantage I can get in my street races.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/6/14 1:09 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

Danny Trejo agrees with you.

Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
7/6/14 7:07 p.m.

I agree. After having loud 240sx's, and now quiet 80's 300zx's and a 260 that errs on the side of quiet, loud Harleys drive me nuts.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said, but yeah. I get it. Also my turbo Z is fast AND quiet. win-win.

~Alex

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
7/6/14 7:32 p.m.

In reply to Cool_Hand_Luke: This is the image you are looking for.

First time I heard a Ducati in person, I realized what all loud obnoxious straight pipe Harley people THINK they sound like.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/6/14 8:07 p.m.

Honda has a bike with a dry clutch now: http://youtu.be/KooABbX0lQA

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/6/14 8:31 p.m.

I'll just leave this here:

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
7/6/14 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

Just out of curiosity what bikes do you own?

1 ... 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xcKBfCCBFIPCLx4u4Ll8TEoSAYOmGk3XMEaUWJ3XvA6o8RIuR1k3rYeR4CCJrSbH