1 2 3 4 5 6
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/15 2:36 p.m.
secretariata wrote:
MCarp22 wrote:
secretariata wrote: I think the main reason the BRZ isn't selling is the price. I can get an new WRX for $4k less which has more power, AWD, and is infinitely more practical (if you're into that... )
Wha? Where are these new WRXs that are selling for ~$22K?
Where are BRZ's priced at $26k? I'm using numbers from last year because that's when I was looking. Cheapest BRZ's I could find new were about $28k out the door. A good friend bought a 2014 WRX brand new last summer for $23.4k out the door and got $500 from Subaru corporate because the dealer had agreed to the price via email and then when he showed up to close the deal they started adding more to the price. He took a cab home and immediately called Subaru's US HQ to complain about how he was treated. 2 days later the dealer delivered the car to him at the previously agreed upon price and 2 or 3 days after that he got a check for $500 from Subaru. So his actual cost was $22.9k.

I paid $27,200 OTD for my BRZ Limited last October.

Wait, are you guys including sales/excise tax in the "OTD" price?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/15 2:36 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
z31maniac wrote: What's the point of 2+2 smaller than the BRZ? The seat in the back of mine is already useless and I'm only 5'8"
One of the things that turns me off about the FR-S/BR-Z is how incredibly wide it is.

OMG! It's 3" wider than an NC Miata. It's like an aircraft carrier!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
10/11/15 5:31 p.m.

I really like it even if it does need some dental work.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
10/11/15 6:12 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: I really like it even if it does need some dental work.

Provided it's not all blocked off with plastic to simply give it the bass mouth effect, just think of it as more air for a TR8 or TR10 core.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
10/12/15 3:47 p.m.

some details appear still to be determined.....

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/12/15 3:49 p.m.

In reply to oldeskewltoy:

I think those older auto rag renderings are from before Toyota themselves released the new photos.

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
10/12/15 4:27 p.m.

Now this is freakin adorable!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/12/15 4:53 p.m.

In reply to Vracer111:

Turn that frown upside-down.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/12/15 5:30 p.m.

I'm really starting to want one of these. If the production version looks mostly like the concept consider me interested. If it drives well consider me sold. If they offer it in that awesome lime green/yellow color consider me at the dealer with a deposit.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/12/15 5:42 p.m.
mblommel wrote: If it drives well consider me sold.

It's Toyota. This is where I expect the other shoe to drop. I expect that their ultraconservative committeedroids will make the vehicle as involving to drive as pushing the button on a vending machine.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/15 6:39 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote: Wow, that's like 4K under MSRP.... I don't think you should use that experience as a metric for how much the average person might expect to pay for a WRX.

May not be typical, but represents the entire set of people that I personally know who bought a WRX last year.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/15 6:44 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: I paid $27,200 OTD for my BRZ Limited last October. Wait, are you guys including sales/excise tax in the "OTD" price?

To me, out the door means everything you paid at the dealership to drive home in the car. If they charged a document fee, fresh underwear fee, paint protection, whatever you agreed to pay for the whole ball of wax. In SC the sales tax is capped at $300 max, so it was included in my prices.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/12/15 6:47 p.m.

In reply to secretariata:

As it should be. Otherwise you could get situations where "I just bought a WRX for $15k!" (note: plus $14k market adjustment fee)

Interesting that your sales tax is capped at $300. What is your annual registration like?

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 New Reader
10/12/15 7:06 p.m.

How about a little mod action on the front grill. It might be a little overdone but I think it might work here.

mblommel
10/12/15 7:23 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
It's Toyota. This is where I expect the other shoe to drop. I expect that their ultraconservative committeedroids will make the vehicle as involving to drive as pushing the button on a vending machine.

I hear you, but I think there may still be hope. The FR-S I test drove was quite entertaining.

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
10/12/15 7:50 p.m.
Knurled wrote:

It will most likely be slightly less boring to drive than any production miata...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/12/15 7:55 p.m.

If this shows up here at $10k less than a Miata i will 1) eat my hat, and 2) be in line at the dealer.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
10/12/15 10:43 p.m.

1.7 million yen = $14,177.....

Tough not to buy @ that price......

pointofdeparture
10/12/15 11:04 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: 1.7 million yen = $14,177..... Tough not to buy @ that price......

I cannot imagine it would be that cheap in the U.S. if it actually does get built and brought here. Perhaps sub-$20k but not by much. Keep in mind Toyota hasn't even said they are going to build it yet, so any MSRP guesses are just that; a guess.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
10/13/15 6:11 a.m.
pointofdeparture wrote:
oldeskewltoy wrote: 1.7 million yen = $14,177..... Tough not to buy @ that price......
I cannot imagine it would be that cheap in the U.S. if it actually does get built and brought here. Perhaps sub-$20k but not by much. Keep in mind Toyota hasn't even said they are going to build it yet, so any MSRP guesses are just that; a guess.

Sub $20K OTD would still be pretty good.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/15 8:22 a.m.
Vracer111 wrote: Now this is freakin adorable!

That's the most "happy puppy dog" looking car since the smiley Mazda2 ^_^

Maniac0301 wrote: How about a little mod action on the front grill. It might be a little overdone but I think it might work here.

LOL!

mblommel
10/13/15 8:25 a.m.
Feedyurhed wrote:
pointofdeparture wrote:
Sub $20K OTD would still be pretty good.

The rest of Scion's lineup is MSRP $17K-$20 (with the exception of the FR-S), so there is hope that sub $20K is do-able.

The rumors have been that Toyota will have a lineup of 3 RWD sportscars, one below and one above the GT-86/FR-S.

Here's an interesting link: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1086185_toyota-already-at-work-on-rwd-sports-car-smaller-than-fr-s

pointofdeparture
10/13/15 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed:

Oh, I hear you. Under $20k is still low enough for me to be very interested! I just can't fathom it being under $15k, as that's Mitsubishi Mirage territory.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/15 8:28 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: If this shows up here at $10k less than a Miata i will 1) eat my hat, and 2) be in line at the dealer.

where the dealer will tack on 10K in "fees" and "market adjustment".

I often wondered how many cars "failed" due to all those market adjustments. Cars people wanted to buy, but were unable to afford, so they got something else and the car in question never made enough numbers to continue selling..

mblommel
10/13/15 8:48 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: If this shows up here at $10k less than a Miata i will 1) eat my hat, and 2) be in line at the dealer.
where the dealer will tack on 10K in "fees" and "market adjustment". I often wondered how many cars "failed" due to all those market adjustments. Cars people wanted to buy, but were unable to afford, so they got something else and the car in question never made enough numbers to continue selling..

That's exactly what happened to the MR2 Spyder. I visited 3 different Toyota dealers when those cars were selling new. Each one had only 1 or 2 of them and they treated them like they had a Ferrari on the lot. I could barely afford the base price, but not the "market adjustments".

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GMbWkvyK4ITKfXDgFe3wqNo8oRBVYPmTRswUoqua7KUsz5dqu1MFgMTMrLzCyJM7