1 ... 3 4 5 6
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/13/15 8:56 a.m.
secretariata wrote:
z31maniac wrote: I paid $27,200 OTD for my BRZ Limited last October. Wait, are you guys including sales/excise tax in the "OTD" price?
To me, out the door means everything you paid at the dealership to drive home in the car. If they charged a document fee, fresh underwear fee, paint protection, whatever you agreed to pay for the whole ball of wax. In SC the sales tax is capped at $300 max, so it was included in my prices.

Ahh, our excise tax here on registering a car is something like $30 + 3.5% of the price paid.

So the BRZ was another $1000-1100 after all the taxs/fees at the DMV.

I don't include it for pricing here since it's paid on every car you register, new or used.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
10/13/15 6:48 p.m.
Vracer111 wrote: Now this is freakin adorable!

hopefully an aftermarket bumper/grille will be immediately available. That looks like a giant colinder from my kitchen.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/13/15 6:53 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
10/13/15 7:10 p.m.

I like this happy little car. We'll probably never see it in North America, but I like it anyway.

Would be really cool with a little turbo engine.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
10/13/15 7:57 p.m.

So with the new Trans Pacific Partnerahip (iirc) thingy, does that give this thing a better chance on reaching our shores? I mean if it gets built that is...

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/13/15 8:12 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

Not at all, but we're a lot more likely to get foreign-built trucks in the U.S. now.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
10/13/15 8:27 p.m.
pointofdeparture wrote: In reply to RossD: Not at all, but we're a lot more likely to get foreign-built trucks in the U.S. now.

Pickups....the one thing in this country that there's abso-freaking-lutely no shortage of....yay.

Affordable RWD sporty cars = where the real shortage is!

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/13/15 9:12 p.m.
Knurled wrote: In reply to secretariata: As it should be. Otherwise you could get situations where "I just bought a WRX for $15k!" (note: plus $14k market adjustment fee) Interesting that your sales tax is capped at $300. What is your annual registration like?

My recollection is $24/yr but it might have gone up a bit ($10 max) in the past couple of years. Now we do pay local (city/county) personal property taxes that are pricey. A car valued at $20k will be $500/year. So most folks try to buy a new car right after they renewed tags on the old car and then transfer the tag so you have another year for the new car to depreciate before you pay property taxes.

secretariata
10/13/15 9:13 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: If this shows up here at $10k less than a Miata i will 1) eat my hat, and 2) be in line at the dealer.

Buy a bacon hat...not really. I think you're safe.

secretariata
10/13/15 9:17 p.m.
mblommel wrote:
mad_machine wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: If this shows up here at $10k less than a Miata i will 1) eat my hat, and 2) be in line at the dealer.
where the dealer will tack on 10K in "fees" and "market adjustment". I often wondered how many cars "failed" due to all those market adjustments. Cars people wanted to buy, but were unable to afford, so they got something else and the car in question never made enough numbers to continue selling..
That's exactly what happened to the MR2 Spyder. I visited 3 different Toyota dealers when those cars were selling new. Each one had only 1 or 2 of them and they treated them like they had a Ferrari on the lot. I could barely afford the base price, but not the "market adjustments".

That's why I bought a used FR-S. 2 years after they came out, and were sitting on lots the dealers were adding ADM. One dealer had a new 2013 for $4k over MSRP when the 2015's were out. Of course it was the only one they had...because they were too stupid to sell it at a reasonable price they wouldn't order any more.

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/13/15 9:37 p.m.

Weird. I was selling toyotas when the MR-S came out and I never heard of a market adjustment on them. We only ever had four while I was there and I can remember them setting for a long time at full MSRP but never had anything tacked on to them beyond that. Of course this was Kansas City KS.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/14/15 6:07 p.m.
gunner wrote: Weird. I was selling toyotas when the MR-S came out and I never heard of a market adjustment on them. We only ever had four while I was there and I can remember them setting for a long time at full MSRP but never had anything tacked on to them beyond that. Of course this was Kansas City KS.

I was in Florida (Orlando and Fort Lauderdale) at the time. I guess convertibles need an "adjustment" in this market, except of course the Mazda dealer was selling Miatas below MSRP the entire time....

Carson
Carson Dork
3/6/18 10:39 a.m.

2.5 years later...

Does anyone know if this little guy is any closer to reality? I wonder about it often.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/6/18 12:22 p.m.

It showed up in Gran Turismo Sport, but that probably doesn't mean anything.  

NickD
NickD UltraDork
3/6/18 1:21 p.m.

Unlike the Supra, that hs been teased in various guises over the past 3 years, there's been no further mention of this little guy. I'd say he's probably relegated to just a one-off could've been

8valve
8valve Reader
3/6/18 1:39 p.m.

Wow how did I miss this for three years..  Yep a 2000lbs FR, sounds about right that it would be back shelved.  

Blaise
Blaise HalfDork
3/6/18 1:45 p.m.

TOYOTA IF YOU ARE READING THIS I WILL BUY ONE BRAND NEW PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
3/6/18 2:04 p.m.

It’s a blast to drive on Gran turismo

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
3/6/18 3:10 p.m.

Imported Suzuki Cappuccino would fill that gap if anyone is really looking.  

Carson
Carson Dork
3/6/18 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

Not exactly. It’s not a kei, the S-FR is (would be) Ford Fiesta-sized.

Carbon
Carbon SuperDork
3/6/18 4:43 p.m.

Like a lame, wrong engine placement mr-s. Sweet. Lol. 

Carbon
Carbon SuperDork
3/6/18 4:47 p.m.

Not that I'm not a fan of a lightweight rwd new Toyota. 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
3/6/18 4:53 p.m.

Man I forgot about this thing. Hopefully Toyota didn't axe it as I still want one in a Dodge Sublime Green equivalent.

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
3/6/18 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Carson :

I was thinking in terms of approximate size, appearance, drivetrain layout, passenger capacity, and cargo space.  

But sure, Fiesta cheeky

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
3/6/18 5:05 p.m.

Based on the development of their current and upcoming sports cars: Without some other interested manufacturer to 'partner' with, where Toyota 'splits the cost' of the of the other company primarily developing the car, then this thing is probably dead in the water.  If the concept teaser wasn't enough to entice anybody else into joining them by now, I wouldn't hold my breath for that to change any time soon.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o7cIupLhQxe3hucT64forMvbbj4Aa2npm4EwkIDlgRrtEH9W8Q351j29ENLhIqhB